City & FFP | 2020/21 Accounts released | Revenues of £569.8m, £2.4m profit (p 2395)

Re: City & FFP (continued)

It may sound a bit Naive and simplistic but why the fuck are we facing any sanctions as we have done fuck all wrong .
Although it seems like its not as bad as everybody was reporting it is still outrageous that a club with no debt is being punished .
The cartel have got their way and my blood is boiling that we have to pay one single pence to this shower of bastards
Hope when this farce gets to the courts it is crushed as it is just wrong very very wrong .

CorporateBlue said:
A compromise on both sides ..

City agree not to get the big legal guns out, UEFA agree to the master etihad deal, and a gesture of limited spending (which is still mote than all bar a couple of clubs this summer), with a suspended fine repayable if we keep our word on next 2 years profit.

The under currents have already been mentioned on here;
- city don't believe UEFA have been above board, and have changed their stance under pressure from cry-baby 'establishment' such as 'no Europe' UTD and 'tax dodging' Bayern
- city's financial position is far better in current year than anyone outside the club thinks, so we know we will pass the tests easily going forward

Summary
It's a speedbump on our way to utter domination, led by the smartest, best resourced people in the same.
In 12 months, with another league title under our belts, and revenue about to overtake the rags, we will wonder what all the fuss was about
Enjoy watching our superstars at the World Cup

BOOM. Spot on.

Keeping in mind the trajectory of revenue growth and that the disagreement was involving pre-2011 business, putting this to bed in a way that does not overly mess with this summer's plans was priority one. Sounds like that is now handled.

Plenty of room in that 48m net spend number to do what we we apparently planning to do anyway.

If this is deal good enough for Soriano, Txiki, Khaldoon and HH then I am officially never going to worry about the letters FFP again.

Daz_Blue said:
razman said:
" The Club’s expenditure on new players for the upcoming summer transfer window, on top of income from players it might sell, will be limited to 60m euros. This will have no material impact on the Club’s planned transfer activity. "

fernando, mangala and sagna in ...with lopes promoted

i can see that being pretty good window

If we had signed Messi that would of fucked us for years

I pointed this out several times on the Messi thread and was laughed out of town by the self proclaimed ffp experts and other general billy big bollocks types.

@BluePhil8 said:
So as I understand it -

£8,000,000 taken from our Champion's League revenue for this season and next season.

Suspended fine of €40,000,000 should we fail to comply in the future.

£50,000,000 limit on transfers this summer on top of player sales which significantly the club have said won't effect us.

The club have accused UEFA of acting in an untransparent way.

The club have said the wage limit won't effect us because our wage bill is decreasing and we only used 21 players in the Champion's League last season anyway?

Also we have made a statement that we expect no sanctions from 15-16 onwards and are still cooperating fully?

I think this is a great compromise.

Yeah i see it in the same way

Blueband Brother said:
Essentially we are paying the 50 million euros with the squad restricted to 21 players. That is what the statement is saying really.

This is rubbish!!!, I am disappointed that the club has taken this path of compromise that confers admission of fault and breakage of the rules. This makes me angry.

Read the club statement.

no Fabregas or Barkley then, that's a CB, Fernando and Sagna and maybe 1 more mid-card player for 60m, we won't make that much on sales, so I only hope our squad is strong enough considering the money that will be splurged by everyone else.

Clearly our sponsors have urged us not to risk court, and I'm a bit disappointed with our lack of ambition, we only just won the title last season, we need to invest, improve and add substantial depth to the squad.

So, €60million fine €40million of it suspended, seems we've argued quite successfully our case, yet let UEFA have the "moral" victory.
I'm sure our owners can come up with some new sponsorship deal which will nullify whatever UEFA can throw at us.
With the extra revenue for winning the title, and whatever new contracts can be negotiated for being champions,'I'm sure this won't hinder us too much.
FUCK'em

shinpads said:
Ducado said:
S04 said:
In short... It´s a €20m fine, nothing more, nothing less

If that equates to £9 Million
Not even a fine, just withheld prize money for playing in chimps league, we don't have to write a cheque for it. 10m out of this years and 10m out of next years

I think it's a small point people are missing

Fine ? What fine ? There's no fine ! UEFA won't pay us 20 million Euros of prize money. Doesn't sound like a fine to me.

The 21 squad limit is a blow. 4 players are going to be gutted to miss out.

Matty said:
Our official statement, when summarised, basically says:-

1 - We believe we complied with FFP.

2 - We believe UEFA haven't acted transparently, and have been deceitful and prejudiced against us.

3 - Ideally we'd rip UEFA and FFP to pieces in the courts, but that would impact and reflect badly on our partners and sponsors.

4 - We'll accept the punishment, but ultimately most of it doesn't really affect our plans or the way the club will be run.

So basically we have lost the battle but we still very much intend to win the war.
A pragmatic, long term approach beats an emotional knee jerk reaction every time.
We bite the bullet. We move on.
However, We don't forget...

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.