City & FFP | 2020/21 Accounts released | Revenues of £569.8m, £2.4m profit (p 2395)

Re: City & FFP (continued)

Rammyblues said:
As an example, if we paid Player A £70k a week and renegotiated that up to £90k a week on or after June 1st 2010, we could still exclude the £70k. The statement seems to imply that they have back-tracked on that, hence we aren't allowed to exclude the £80m but a lesser amount. So that's why we believe they've gone back on their word.

Most legislation in Europe cannot be made retrospective, these bastards seem to have breached that principle and got away with it.

They've only got away with it because we've decided discretion is the better part of valour. I have no doubt we believe we'd be more than able to win this case in the courts, but have decided against that route, from a reputational standpoint.

Personally I'd have loved us to tear UEFA a new one, but I can see why we're doing what we're doing.

" Manchester City further accepts a calculated
limitation on the number of new registrations it may include within their “A” List
for the purposes of participation in UEFA competitions. This calculation is based
on the clubs net transfer position in each respective registration period covered by
this agreement. "

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.uefa.org/MultimediaFiles/Download/OfficialDocument/uefaorg/ClubFinancialControl/02/10/69/00/2106900_DOWNLOAD.pdf" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.uefa.org/MultimediaFiles/Dow ... WNLOAD.pdf</a>

----

Can someone explain what the hell this means ?

The MEN article on this says we are due £25m minimum from the BT Sport tv deal this year coupled with the new Arabtec sponsorship it can only help !

cptaidan88 said:
The fines and sanctions for each club.
http://www.uefa.org/disciplinary/club-financial-controlling-body/cases/index.html

Us - €60m
PSG - €60m
Zenit - €12m
Rubin Kazan - €6m
Anzhi €2m
Trabzonspor - €200,000
Bursaspor - €200,000
Galatasaray - €200,000
Levski Sofia - €200,000

I'd love to know how UEFA decided on these figures and where the money now goes.

When i try & view the PSG punishments it shows our outcome, dodgey?!

kinkysdribble said:
Maybe, we as a club might not appeal against this, but what's going to stop us aiding say a players agent from dragging UEFA through EU courts to get the FFP laws shown for what they are, when said agents client loses the transfer and contract of his dreams because certain clubs need to rein in spending to conform to these ludicrous regulations and therefore restricting trade.

That's actually an interesting idea, and I wouldn't say it's 100% been ruled out.

Stop worrying. We've been fined about £16m for failing the FFP.
United have lost £35m for being sh1te.
Put's things into prospective. We've been fined just over half a Fellaini.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.