City & FFP | 2020/21 Accounts released | Revenues of £569.8m, £2.4m profit (p 2395)

Re: City & FFP (continued)

Blueband Brother said:
S04 said:
Blueband Brother said:
Essentially we are paying the 50 million euros with the squad restricted to 21 players. That is what the statement is saying really.

This is rubbish!!!, I am disappointed that the club has taken this path of compromise that confers admission of fault and breakage of the rules. This makes me angry.

We don´t pay anything really... We have our income from Uefa "reduced" by €20m, that´s all

There is a lot of lawyer pretty talk way of disclosing information in the statement. My understading is as follows:

MCFC will lose 10m Euros of its share of income from UEFA for competing in the Champions League completion in season 2013-14. - 10 million

MCFC will lose 10m Euros of its share of income from UEFA for competing in the Champions League for season 2014-15 - 10 million

Rather than having an accumulative allowance of 30m Euros of losses over the next two reporting years(like all other clubs), MCFC will have specific stipulated allowances for 2013-14 and 2014-15 of 20m Euros and 10m Euros respectively. Significantly ,MCFC plans to be profitable in 2014-15 and in the years that follow.
- ---- 10million (for 2013-2014) and 20million (for 2014-2015)

Total Payment 2013-2015 50 million

My opinion is that this is a statement of concession under the guise of a so called compromise and mutual agreement. We are going to pay UEFA, the corrupt, disgusting, Don Fannucci esque bullies and schemers all those moneyzzzz , £50 million of them. Although the 30 million for allowances is subject to turn over in the 2013-2014 and 2014-2015 seasons. So you may say that it is only £20 million but I think it is the £50 million and we are just sugar coating it.

I always say that perception is not everything but it is something in certain situations and in this case perception is absolutely key. The media, other fans and institutions will have the indolence and disregard born out of hatred for City to actually take this as face value. They will take this as Manchester City admitting that the have broken the rules and by doing so hunted down and made to pay and unfortunately, that is the reality of this agreement.

Some people say that in years time when we are winning trophies, this day will be naught but a slap on the wrist. I've got to tell you that I think different and I see things completely different. This is what is going to happen- 7 years from now, perhaps if another club is in our current situation, how will city be referred. They will say ,, ''7 years ago City broke the rules, cheated and had to submit, and accept their wrongs and pay their fines. If we can punish City when they broke the rules, we can certainly punish you''. That is what UEFA and media will be saying in years to come. They have got what they want, they have made us their little female dogs (insert one word equivalent) and this will be etched in the history books.

Compromise is nonsense. Perception and principle is much more important than anything else, even though the consequence may seem severe, even if we have to fight this out in the courts or banned (which was going to be difficult if the former action is taken), the only avenue to attain respect, to grasp redemption is to FIGHT THIS OUT!!!!, that was the only way. .....today is not a good day for the club and I am not happy with this course of action by the club. If I am the only one that thinks this way then so be it.

This was the opportunity to fight and expose the greedy elitist cult of clubs but we seemed to have allowed UEFA to continue to reign supreme. I have said it many times in this forum that the scariest word, the word that makes me really worried and terrified is ''precedence''. I despise and dread that word as once the line is crossed there is no going back.

I will also say this again, we have done nothing wrong. You cannot penalize an institution for investment, you penalize and regulate for debt and Manchester City is a debt free instituition so FFP or other administrative code of ethics or rules does not and should not apply to the club.

The club are breaking even NOW.

We are expecting to make a profit in the next period. Hence, we pay 10 mil twice . Why all the added complication ?

We have spanked their arses & they won't lay a glove on us from now on.

Manchester City agrees to significantly limit spending in the transfer market for seasons 2014/2015 and 2015/2016.

So we are limited to a 60M euro net spend two seasons running? Any confirmation of the figure for the 2nd season?

easy-buttons800x800.jpg

So, in essence we're just fine, and we will still field the best squad in the PL and be a contender for the CL title next season.
Bring it on.

Blueband Brother said:
S04 said:
Blueband Brother said:
Essentially we are paying the 50 million euros with the squad restricted to 21 players. That is what the statement is saying really.

This is rubbish!!!, I am disappointed that the club has taken this path of compromise that confers admission of fault and breakage of the rules. This makes me angry.

We don´t pay anything really... We have our income from Uefa "reduced" by €20m, that´s all

There is a lot of lawyer pretty talk way of disclosing information in the statement. My understading is as follows:

MCFC will lose 10m Euros of its share of income from UEFA for competing in the Champions League completion in season 2013-14. - 10 million

MCFC will lose 10m Euros of its share of income from UEFA for competing in the Champions League for season 2014-15 - 10 million

Rather than having an accumulative allowance of 30m Euros of losses over the next two reporting years(like all other clubs), MCFC will have specific stipulated allowances for 2013-14 and 2014-15 of 20m Euros and 10m Euros respectively. Significantly ,MCFC plans to be profitable in 2014-15 and in the years that follow.
- ---- 10million (for 2013-2014) and 20million (for 2014-2015)

Total Payment 2013-2015 50 million

My opinion is that this is a statement of concession under the guise of a so called compromise and mutual agreement. We are going to pay UEFA, the corrupt, disgusting, Don Fannucci esque bullies and schemers all those moneyzzzz , £50 million of them. Although the 30 million for allowances is subject to turn over in the 2013-2014 and 2014-2015 seasons. So you may say that it is only £20 million but I think it is the £50 million and we are just sugar coating it.

I always say that perception is not everything but it is something in certain situations and in this case perception is absolutely key. The media, other fans and institutions will have the indolence and disregard born out of hatred for City to actually take this as face value. They will take this as Manchester City admitting that the have broken the rules and by doing so hunted down and made to pay and unfortunately, that is the reality of this agreement.

Some people say that in years time when we are winning trophies, this day will be naught but a slap on the wrist. I've got to tell you that I think different and I see things completely different. This is what is going to happen- 7 years from now, perhaps if another club is in our current situation, how will city be referred. They will say ,, ''7 years ago City broke the rules, cheated and had to submit, and accept their wrongs and pay their fines. If we can punish City when they broke the rules, we can certainly punish you''. That is what UEFA and media will be saying in years to come. They have got what they want, they have made us their little female dogs (insert one word equivalent) and this will be etched in the history books.

Compromise is nonsense. Perception and principle is much more important than anything else, even though the consequence may seem severe, even if we have to fight this out in the courts or banned (which was going to be difficult if the former action is taken), the only avenue to attain respect, to grasp redemption is to FIGHT THIS OUT!!!!, that was the only way. .....today is not a good day for the club and I am not happy with this course of action by the club. If I am the only one that thinks this way then so be it.

This was the opportunity to fight and expose the greedy elitist cult of clubs but we seemed to have allowed UEFA to continue to reign supreme. I have said it many times in this forum that the scariest word, the word that makes me really worried and terrified is ''precedence''. I despise and dread that word as once the line is crossed there is no going back.

I will also say this again, we have done nothing wrong. You cannot penalize an institution for investment, you penalize and regulate for debt and Manchester City is a debt free instituition so FFP or other administrative code of ethics or rules does not and should not apply to the club.

You're not alone, and that is a cracking post mate.

We break even end of this financial year... we buy our 3 main players this Summer ... We beat the shit our of all the team for the title again in the PL and then we go and fight all the way in the UCL...

I really want us to be generating soooo much revenue and building so much status that UEFA will be livid as fuck and won't be able to touch us...

Dupont will most likely win his case making UEFA probably pay back a lot of the suspended money/fines they applied.

F*ck UEFA ... let's go and really get under their skin and be beating the likes of PSG, Barca, Real Madrid and Bayern...

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.