City & FFP | 2020/21 Accounts released | Revenues of £569.8m, £2.4m profit (p 2395)

Re: City & FFP (continued)

What if we don't qualify for 2015-16 champions league.
Will we still have to pay the 10m?

Matty said:
Blueband Brother said:
S04 said:
We don´t pay anything really... We have our income from Uefa "reduced" by €20m, that´s all

There is a lot of lawyer pretty talk way of disclosing information in the statement. My understading is as follows:

MCFC will lose 10m Euros of its share of income from UEFA for competing in the Champions League completion in season 2013-14. - 10 million

MCFC will lose 10m Euros of its share of income from UEFA for competing in the Champions League for season 2014-15 - 10 million

Rather than having an accumulative allowance of 30m Euros of losses over the next two reporting years(like all other clubs), MCFC will have specific stipulated allowances for 2013-14 and 2014-15 of 20m Euros and 10m Euros respectively. Significantly ,MCFC plans to be profitable in 2014-15 and in the years that follow.
- ---- 10million (for 2013-2014) and 20million (for 2014-2015)

Total Payment 2013-2015 50 million

My opinion is that this is a statement of concession under the guise of a so called compromise and mutual agreement. We are going to pay UEFA, the corrupt, disgusting, Don Fannucci esque bullies and schemers all those moneyzzzz , £50 million of them. Although the 30 million for allowances is subject to turn over in the 2013-2014 and 2014-2015 seasons. So you may say that it is only £20 million but I think it is the £50 million and we are just sugar coating it.

I always say that perception is not everything but it is something in certain situations and in this case perception is absolutely key. The media, other fans and institutions will have the indolence and disregard born out of hatred for City to actually take this as face value. They will take this as Manchester City admitting that the have broken the rules and by doing so hunted down and made to pay and unfortunately, that is the reality of this agreement.

Some people say that in years time when we are winning trophies, this day will be naught but a slap on the wrist. I've got to tell you that I think different and I see things completely different. This is what is going to happen- 7 years from now, perhaps if another club is in our current situation, how will city be referred. They will say ,, ''7 years ago City broke the rules, cheated and had to submit, and accept their wrongs and pay their fines. If we can punish City when they broke the rules, we can certainly punish you''. That is what UEFA and media will be saying in years to come. They have got what they want, they have made us their little female dogs (insert one word equivalent) and this will be etched in the history books.

Compromise is nonsense. Perception and principle is much more important than anything else, even though the consequence may seem severe, even if we have to fight this out in the courts or banned (which was going to be difficult if the former action is taken), the only avenue to attain respect, to grasp redemption is to FIGHT THIS OUT!!!!, that was the only way. .....today is not a good day for the club and I am not happy with this course of action by the club. If I am the only one that thinks this way then so be it.

This was the opportunity to fight and expose the greedy elitist cult of clubs but we seemed to have allowed UEFA to continue to reign supreme. I have said it many times in this forum that the scariest word, the word that makes me really worried and terrified is ''precedence''. I despise and dread that word as once the line is crossed there is no going back.

I will also say this again, we have done nothing wrong. You cannot penalize an institution for investment, you penalize and regulate for debt and Manchester City is a debt free instituition so FFP or other administrative code of ethics or rules does not and should not apply to the club.

You've not understood what's being said.

We lose 10m euros from this seasons money.

We lose 10m euros from next seasons money.

The other money you highlighted, the 20m and 10m ISN'T a fine, or money we don't get. What they are saying is that most clubs can lose 30m over those 2 seasons, i.e. it doesn't matter how that 30m is lost, it can be 10m in year 1 and 20m in year 2, so no downwards trend. With City we can lose up to 20m in year 1, but no more, and up to 10m in year 2 but no more. So for City losing 30m in year 1 and 0m in year 2 isn't allowed, even though it is still just 30m lost.

I undertood clearly enough and I stated that the 30 million is indeed safety net deductions for loses for the club. But if you read what I said, my opinion is that it is actually a smoke screen and we will pay the 50 million.

But that is besides the point. Even though it is 10 gazillion or 1 million, the amount of money does not matter and the body of my post intimates why it does not matter. My post was more about my disagreement of the clubs decision to comply to these abominable UEFA fines and sanctions.

Squad limitations will be 13 foreign players, 4 homegrown players and 4 city academy players who are over 21. Suspect this is why we have offered Boyata a new contract. Getting down to 13 foreign players on the A list is going to be very tricky and unpopular with some of our players who have to miss out. Just hope that with all these restrictions we go out next season and beat the lot of them and win the bloody thing.

TrueBlue1705 said:
baldybouncer said:
Champions2012! said:
No backbone from the board. UEFA will never get off our backs now.

Don't type like a twat. It's all about negotiating and compromise.

UEFA is bent as f*ck, FFP has been tailored specifically to stop Man City - Do you think the likes of Gill and the G14 Cartel are going to leave us alone if we don't make a stand now? I just hope the City owners are waiting for the Dupont challenge to FFP but I don't think that is until 2015 so that will be a long wait. This has not been a transparent process by UEFA and it stinks of a witch hunt and a cartel trying to protect their dominance of a market.....

These people don't play nice, City thought they were negotiating and compromising with UEFA all the way through the process but they shafted us at the 11th hour. Yes we have negotiated the sanctions down to a manageable level but we lost the first battle and we can't afford to lose another one otherwise we will be in mortal danger of losing the war ......

It's not about stopping City.

We have won our battle, but UEFA have won the war.

We are in. We are going to break even. This time next year we will be fully compliant. UEFA have no issue with any of our first party related sponsorships like ETIHAD. We've failed on a wage technicality.

However, now the elite are enshrined. We have just got in in time. Clubs like Tottenham have cheered this all along but when they see United turn around and laugh as they start signing the next Berbatov they will realise how stupid they were to believe United and let United, Arsenal and Liverpool rewrite history to make sugar daddy clubs look like the ones trying to stifle competition.

Everyone is missing the bigger picture here..... including me, because I can't see the sense in agreeing to these sanctions. If Shieik Mansour wants to raise the profile of MCFC what better way of doing it than socking it to them through the courts? If we were to expose UEFA for the cheating hypocritical charlatans that they are we might actually change the public perception of our club.

ManCitizens. said:
Matty said:
Blueband Brother said:
There is a lot of lawyer pretty talk way of disclosing information in the statement. My understading is as follows:

MCFC will lose 10m Euros of its share of income from UEFA for competing in the Champions League completion in season 2013-14. - 10 million

MCFC will lose 10m Euros of its share of income from UEFA for competing in the Champions League for season 2014-15 - 10 million

Rather than having an accumulative allowance of 30m Euros of losses over the next two reporting years(like all other clubs), MCFC will have specific stipulated allowances for 2013-14 and 2014-15 of 20m Euros and 10m Euros respectively. Significantly ,MCFC plans to be profitable in 2014-15 and in the years that follow.
- ---- 10million (for 2013-2014) and 20million (for 2014-2015)

Total Payment 2013-2015 50 million

My opinion is that this is a statement of concession under the guise of a so called compromise and mutual agreement. We are going to pay UEFA, the corrupt, disgusting, Don Fannucci esque bullies and schemers all those moneyzzzz , £50 million of them. Although the 30 million for allowances is subject to turn over in the 2013-2014 and 2014-2015 seasons. So you may say that it is only £20 million but I think it is the £50 million and we are just sugar coating it.

I always say that perception is not everything but it is something in certain situations and in this case perception is absolutely key. The media, other fans and institutions will have the indolence and disregard born out of hatred for City to actually take this as face value. They will take this as Manchester City admitting that the have broken the rules and by doing so hunted down and made to pay and unfortunately, that is the reality of this agreement.

Some people say that in years time when we are winning trophies, this day will be naught but a slap on the wrist. I've got to tell you that I think different and I see things completely different. This is what is going to happen- 7 years from now, perhaps if another club is in our current situation, how will city be referred. They will say ,, ''7 years ago City broke the rules, cheated and had to submit, and accept their wrongs and pay their fines. If we can punish City when they broke the rules, we can certainly punish you''. That is what UEFA and media will be saying in years to come. They have got what they want, they have made us their little female dogs (insert one word equivalent) and this will be etched in the history books.

Compromise is nonsense. Perception and principle is much more important than anything else, even though the consequence may seem severe, even if we have to fight this out in the courts or banned (which was going to be difficult if the former action is taken), the only avenue to attain respect, to grasp redemption is to FIGHT THIS OUT!!!!, that was the only way. .....today is not a good day for the club and I am not happy with this course of action by the club. If I am the only one that thinks this way then so be it.

This was the opportunity to fight and expose the greedy elitist cult of clubs but we seemed to have allowed UEFA to continue to reign supreme. I have said it many times in this forum that the scariest word, the word that makes me really worried and terrified is ''precedence''. I despise and dread that word as once the line is crossed there is no going back.

I will also say this again, we have done nothing wrong. You cannot penalize an institution for investment, you penalize and regulate for debt and Manchester City is a debt free instituition so FFP or other administrative code of ethics or rules does not and should not apply to the club.

You've not understood what's being said.

We lose 10m euros from this seasons money.

We lose 10m euros from next seasons money.

The other money you highlighted, the 20m and 10m ISN'T a fine, or money we don't get. What they are saying is that most clubs can lose 30m over those 2 seasons, i.e. it doesn't matter how that 30m is lost, it can be 10m in year 1 and 20m in year 2, so no downwards trend. With City we can lose up to 20m in year 1, but no more, and up to 10m in year 2 but no more. So for City losing 30m in year 1 and 0m in year 2 isn't allowed, even though it is still just 30m lost.

What a load of shit, if we go under we go under. Administration isn't good for any club or owner, nobody wants that. If they spend badly and go bust, welcome to the world of business.

FFP is a joke but it looks like we are willing to help slam the door shut on any competitive investment for the sake of a fine.

Whilst this is happening we all pay 10% more every season, laughable.

Sorry, but I really don't understand what it is you think you're saying.

To use the school Bully analogy

We have been picked on and now we are quite capable of tawting the bully

However the bitter old knob head crooked teacher is watching. We are being the bigger man.

We walk away smiling knowing we are right and our day wi come when we destroy the bully in full gaze .

We are playing the long game here .When the right moment comes we will strike .

Having said that I would love to see us win the corruption league now and watch gill and platinisation face.

And watch DuPont hang them in court.

Stoned Rose said:
corky1970 said:
inchy14 said:
A question for the more clued up members on here;

If we buy 5 players at £25 million each, all on 5 year contracts, does this only count as spending £25 million in total? Or is amortisation of contracts different?

There are none , this bumming has proved that

Having digested the outcome in full we haven't, contrary to my initial thinking, been bummed Corky. We've actually come out of it ok.

You are 100% spot on about there being no one on here who is 'clued up', even if one or two think they are, and several hundred sheep think so to.

untill someone clarifies the homegrown quota for 21 man CL squad then I'm reserving judgement

Rammyblues said:
Squad limitations will be 13 foreign players, 4 homegrown players and 4 city academy players who are over 21. Suspect this is why we have offered Boyata a new contract. Getting down to 13 foreign players on the A list is going to be very tricky and unpopular with some of our players who have to miss out. Just hope that with all these restrictions we go out next season and beat the lot of them and win the bloody thing.

I'd rather we sent out the EDS with 21 home grown players. Fuck the CL for a year, lets hurt them and have the English champions devaluing the competition.

Send out the message all year that the PL is bigger than the CL and we'd rather concentrate on the main trophy, see what happens the year after (nothing).

I suspect that the wording of the club's statement was very carefully thought out .
Judging by the language in it , it seems to me that certain things have been spelt out to uefa , in legal terms, and now we have , for the first time , a precedent set by both sides which will have future legal repercussions. If you like , we now have both sides positions in black and white , and future goal post moving will be much more difficult.
In the meantime , I hope we are throwing our entire support behind M. DuPont , because if he wins , then this entire argument will be moot.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.