City & FFP | 2020/21 Accounts released | Revenues of £569.8m, £2.4m profit (p 2395)

MonsLibpool

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
xx.gif

Re: Man City - the Lisbon Lyons, the Porto Pussycats, the Faro Financial Fairplayers

« Reply #19830 on: Today at 05:22:53 pm »

I'm a professional accountant and I don't normally bother about the financial statements of clubs. There is absolutely no way these should turn a profit last season in "normal circustances".

They pay big wages and spent big money last season and their matchday revenue was insignificant because games were being played behind closed doors. However, common sense doesn't seemingly apply to these oil clubs because it's dodgy and should ordinarily alert regulators.

I'll give their account a read and revert.

We’re fucked. RAWK have an accountant on the case. Lol.

I know that making money and beating the rags on revenue is not the point of Manchester City but oh how their boiling piss gladdens my heart.
Khaldoon says it and we are proving it, the objective is to make Manchester City THE BEST. I think we are now. Oh YES.
I can hardly believe what I have just typed. I'm 73 now, so many years of being patronized and belittled by the rags. KARMA KARMA KARMA.
(Calm down, you old fool.)
Same age as me mate, I can relate too every word you’ve wrote, who would ever of thought it.

MonsLibpool

• Legacy Fan
xx.gif

Re: Man City - the Lisbon Lyons, the Porto Pussycats, the Faro Financial Fairplayers

I'm a professional accountant and I don't normally bother about the financial statements of clubs. There is absolutely no way these should turn a profit last season in "normal circustances".

They pay big wages and spent big money last season and their matchday revenue was insignificant because games were being played behind closed doors. However, common sense doesn't seemingly apply to these oil clubs because it's dodgy and should ordinarily alert regulators.

Is it normal for an accountant to comment on accounts without reading them?

MonsLibpool

• Legacy Fan
xx.gif

tbf he does read it.

I've gone through it. It's mainly due to an increase in their tv revenue by about £100m and them making £30m more profit on player sales. The tv revenue is fair because it would been thoroughly audited and I think the EPL forfeited part of it during project restart. They also reached the Champions League final.

Did they sell anyone last season?

Their commercial recenue increased by around £30m

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.