City & FFP | 2020/21 Accounts released | Revenues of £569.8m, £2.4m profit (p 2395)

Knocking out the pre-eminent club is not easy. It requires £1Billion and its fraught wirh risk. City had the good fortune of going up against Utd at the changing of their managerial guard, and now the position has been ring-fenced against new entants (FFP). It's not a free-market. Anything but.
Key issue: Ffp does not preclude spending by any club that is willing to take the risk of borrowing.

Knocking out the pre-eminent club is not easy. It requires £1Billion and its fraught wirh risk. City had the good fortune of going up against Utd at the changing of their managerial guard, and now the position has been ring-fenced against new entants (FFP). It's not a free-market. Anything but.

We did win the fa cup and the league while fergie was still there boss!

Chicago. As a legacy Luddite, eSports is a mystery to me. Is it all streaming or could the arena also become a games and competition venue for eSport in the future?
It’s home streaming that captures the players, then it’s places like the new arena that puts them all under one roof!

They fill arenas with the eSports being conducted on huge screens for all to see.

Wouldn’t surprise me to see the FIFA eWorld Cup in Manchester in the near future!

Demographically, it is a premium marketing cohort that is both rabid about their “likes” and full of leading edge influencers.

Last edited:
The rags are the victim of a single man (Ferguson) having complete and utter control of a club for 20 years and having no structure in place when he left, the loss of Gill was also a huge loss.
Correct, ferguson left them deep in the shit, and he knew it, wouldn't be surprised if gill knew it was coming as well.

It’s home streaming that captures the players, then it’s places like the new arena that puts them all under one roof!

They fill arenas with the eSports being conducted on huge screens for all to see.

Wouldn’t surprise me to see the FIFA eWorld Cup in Manchester in the near future!

Demographically, it is a premium marketing cohort that is both rabid about their “likes” and full of leading edge influencers.
I can hardly wait.

(yawn)

Not sure if this has been posted but there's a nice compilation of City finance data on this twitter thread:

Nice work, if you're on here. Just one request though, change the "related" column of Etihad's sponsorship to "No"(surely you know better than that?). Failing that, change the heading of the column to "Abu-Dhabi/UAE based". If that's what you meant.

Key issue: Ffp does not preclude spending by any club that is willing to take the risk of borrowing.
I don’t think it matters where the money comes from - debt or owners pockets - what FFP does is more or less tie your spending to your existing turnover.

In other words it seeks to limit investment for growth without distinguishing between safer/committed money and risky debt, even though it it is obvious that debt is more likely to lead to the exact result FFP is supposedly trying to prevent.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.