City & FFP | 2020/21 Accounts released | Revenues of £569.8m, £2.4m profit (p 2395)

I haven't been keeping up here. Is all this likely to blow up again ffs? There was me drinking in Pep's comments and feeling all fluffy.

I think they're reopening the case from 1906 to see if there's anything there they can pin on us.

I should think every Premier league club have financial skeletons in the accounts cupboard.
Everton finance looks dodgy, Liverpool lost 50 million down a black hole developing a new stadium that didn't exist. Glazers accounts are lost in a world of tax havens.
City get investigated

As you rightly say, Projectriver is the authority on this.

My interpretation of the judge's comments, which may be wrong, is based on many years experience of fraud investigation and, in particular, requiring production of documents under statutory powers. I have experience of subjects of enquiry using every method at their disposal, including Court hearings, to avoid producing documents for both honest and dishonest reasons. In our case, given that the enquiry is no more than a witch-hunt I'd have been disappointed if the club hadn't objected in every way possible.

The fact is, the PL have learned from UEFA and are watertight as far as leaks are concerned so nobody knows sufficient to answer your questions. All we do know is what was in the published judgements which Projectriver dealt with as fully as possible at the time.

An independent enquiry is (supposed to be) just that. The point is that (in theory) no "guilt: is assumed so no evidence of wrongdoing is required to launch an enquiry, suspicion is sufficient to ask for more information so that a conclusion can be reached. As far as I can see, it is established that under PL rules, they are entitled to ask for documents which they have done. We've said no and objected to the panel appointed to arbitrate.

On the face of it, based on what we can tell from the Judgement, it looks as though any delay is down to us for not co-operating. You can't then turn round and blame the investigating party for not concluding a case when documents it has requested haven't been produced much as we would like to.

Whether the enquiry is "impartial" and has been conducted fairly will, doubtless, be the subject of Court proceedings if (when) the PL decides it has enough evidence to take action against us.

So, the Daily Mail had nothing whatsoever to do with my post and you clearly have not read, or not understood, the Court case.
Surely they have to say what sort of documents they want and what parts of the documents they want what it is they are looking for why they have suspicions ? We have already been cleared once and surely the panel has to be impartial

At the moment it seems like they don’t know what we may have done don’t know what they want to see and it won’t be looked at independently

On that basis surely we are with in our right to refuse

But the PL so called enquiry goes on. Started almost three years ago in response to a complaint from, guess who, it has yet to allege any breach. Surely this in in the realms of harassment by now

Forgive me if I'm wrong but isn't there a time barr on some of these potential charges so the delay is actually helpful for us?

Hopefully we'll get off on another 'technicality' ;)

Surely they have to say what sort of documents they want and what parts of the documents they want what it is they are looking for why they have suspicions ? We have already been cleared once and surely the panel has to be impartial

At the moment it seems like they don’t know what we may have done don’t know what they want to see and it won’t be looked at independently

On that basis surely we are with in our right to refuse

To honest people, yes.

And so it continues from the Red Shirts and their followers.

United, Liverpool, Arsenal, Spurs, Chelsea? No6?

“There’s no doubt pressure on the Premier League from a group of clubs who are trying to address Man City,” he told Football Insider‘s Adam Williams.

“City, in the view of these clubs, are far too successful. They have fantastic recruitment and strategic policy. Everybody is rowing in the same direction.

“They are outperforming other clubs with similar incomes. This is a backdoor way of trying to rein them in.

“The clubs who wrote to the Premier League over City’s initial Uefa ban are trying to give them extra bullets in their pursuit of City.

“While Uefa’s investigation into City is over, it looks as though the Premier League’s investigation is still ongoing.

“Ther are clubs who are gunning for Man City. There’s clearly some bad blood between the sneaky six.”

And so it continues from the Red Shirts and their followers.

United, Liverpool, Arsenal, Spurs, Chelsea? No6?

“There’s no doubt pressure on the Premier League from a group of clubs who are trying to address Man City,” he told Football Insider‘s Adam Williams.

“City, in the view of these clubs, are far too successful. They have fantastic recruitment and strategic policy. Everybody is rowing in the same direction.

“They are outperforming other clubs with similar incomes. This is a backdoor way of trying to rein them in.

“The clubs who wrote to the Premier League over City’s initial Uefa ban are trying to give them extra bullets in their pursuit of City.

“While Uefa’s investigation into City is over, it looks as though the Premier League’s investigation is still ongoing.

“Ther are clubs who are gunning for Man City. There’s clearly some bad blood between the sneaky six.”

Everton? (Don't laugh.)

I think they mean us, as one of the six esl teams.

How sad is it that they are as much as admitting they are not competent enough to compete with us fairly and squarely on the field of play. And how sad is it that those that run English football have caved in to pressure from septic wankers attacking the notions of sporting fair play and the freedom to spend your own money how you see fit. They are simply not capable of beating us at football so they have tried to change the rules of the game so they have a chance. It is utterly disgusting and despicable.

And they are still losing.

Tough shit, you spiteful, loathsome, cheating, transatlantic turds.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.