City flags in unusual places.

Me and the wife had a trip out to Barrow -in - Furness last Thursday,courtesy of cheap train tickets from Northern Rail.
And on the return journey,as we were leaving Dalton -in - Furness I happened to glance up at the houses above us,and fluttering proudly in the stiff Cumbrian breeze was a sky blue City flag, the latest incarnation with red rose and ship etc.
I commented about it to the wife who said that whoever's flag it was must be a mad keen City fan, as it's a long way from Cumbria to Manchester.
Quite a few Blues in Barrow. There‘s a supporters bus that goes to every game and I go down on the train with a few other lads. It’s only £20 and a two hour journey by train. A couple of beers and you are there. Been doing it for the last 30 years.

As far as I'm concerned in spite of the bastard tories local government act of 1971, Lancashire will always stretch from the Mersey to the Duddon. Barrow and Manchester both Lancashire towns. Fuck Cumbria its Cumberland, Westmorland and North Lancashire.
I’m born and bred in Barrow and my birth certificate says I was born in Lancashire (it changed to Cumbria in 1974, the year after I was born).
We still have an LA postcode and local football is still under the Lancashire FA.

Not a flag but Greg who owns the excellent Lucky 7’s burger joint in Tenerife has a City gnome on show, the one concession to Berting that his business partner allowed him

Me and the wife had a trip out to Barrow -in - Furness last Thursday,courtesy of cheap train tickets from Northern Rail.
And on the return journey,as we were leaving Dalton -in - Furness I happened to glance up at the houses above us,and fluttering proudly in the stiff Cumbrian breeze was a sky blue City flag, the latest incarnation with red rose and ship etc.
I commented about it to the wife who said that whoever's flag it was must be a mad keen City fan, as it's a long way from Cumbria to Manchester.
Jesus, you really do know how to treat your lady to the glamorous life!
Barrow in Furness, twinned with Chernobyl

Quite a few Blues in Barrow. There‘s a supporters bus that goes to every game and I go down on the train with a few other lads. It’s only £20 and a two hour journey by train. A couple of beers and you are there. Been doing it for the last 30 years.
Nice one pal. I am full of admiration for you and all the other City fans from the Barrow area. It's a major investment from all of you in terms of time and money.
I think me and the wife paid about £27 for our tickets with 30% off for our Two Together railcard.
And as you already mentioned just over 2 hours travel time.
And you have all been suitably rewarded for your loyalty with the trophies and glory from our fantastic football team over the past 12 years or so.

Go back a few pages and my previous posts (which have got multiple likes) will explain everything to you my child.
Tbf a mate of mine is a hardcore groundhopper and has been to every town and village with a team in the top 11 divisions, says he has seen more of the country than most HGV drivers and always had a better laugh in the least glamorous places

Im gonna take one of mine next week to Siam.
We'll be in Bkk , Kut Chap ,Udon Thani , Nong Khai, Chiang khan, Chantaburi,Ko Chang ,Ko Samet , Pattaya, and back to Bkk

There is a statue of a Knight or warrior in a Marple garden that often has a City scarf tied to it.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.