City flags in unusual places.

Yes, although Glossop is officially in Derbyshire,it comes under the TfGM remit as far as free transport is concerned,so I can use my TfGM pensioners travel pass to get there free of charge.
I will also be going to Wigan on the train at the end of next month and that is also in the TfGM travel zone so will cost me sweet FA as well. ( You have to £10 each year at a TfGM Travel shop ,but that money is easily recouped with a tram ride or two.

I renew my travel Pass at the newsagent (Paypoint) at the bottom of Droylsden Road. Saves a trip into town.

Yes, although Glossop is officially in Derbyshire,it comes under the TfGM remit as far as free transport is concerned,so I can use my TfGM pensioners travel pass to get there free of charge.
I will also be going to Wigan on the train at the end of next month and that is also in the TfGM travel zone so will cost me sweet FA as well. ( You have to £10 each year at a TfGM Travel shop ,but that money is easily recouped with a tram ride or two.
Absolutely madness mate my daughter starts college in Ashton in September her bus pass is £125 per term , we live two minutes over the border ( woolly bridge) and on the other side of the river it’s £10. I might be wrong tfgm covers trains but not buses.

Absolutely madness mate my daughter starts college in Ashton in September her bus pass is £125 per term , we live two minutes over the border ( woolly bridge) and on the other side of the river it’s £10. I might be wrong tfgm covers trains but not buses.
TfGM covers trains,trams and buses. My over 66 bus pass is free, but I pay £10pa for free tram travel and free train travel within the TfGM boundaries. Which extend from Wigan in the west to Glossop in the East.

I think me and the wife may have a railway trip to Todmorden in the not too distant future.
That pub looks a great place to sink a jar or two (or three or four) !!
I think the Weavers in Todmorden shut in January this year, due to increased expenses. For your rail day trips with your wife can I suggest Clitheroe via Todmorden.

I think the Weavers in Todmorden shut in January this year, due to increased expenses. For your rail day trips with your wife can I suggest Clitheroe via Todmorden.
Funnily enough,the train to Bolton carried on to Clitheroe and I mentioned it to her that we may have a trip there later in the summer.
Thanks for the heads up pal.

Funnily enough,the train to Bolton carried on to Clitheroe and I mentioned it to her that we may have a trip there later in the summer.
Thanks for the heads up pal.
You're welcome, try to go on a Clitheroe market day. I mentioned the trip via Todmorden because of the scenery. The section through the moors from Burnley Manchester Road to Todmorden on a summer evening is worth seeing.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.