City Football Group Sign Worldwide Deal with SAP

The product may be awful but the company is bloody big, so hopefully this brings a lot of money to CFG.

All this Data Mining and yet I reckon we'll still get beat at Turf Moor :D

Seems interesting, and although I like to analyse data myself... At matches I tend to switch my phone off and or any thoughts related to data and just focus on the entertainment value of a live game.
All the graphics scanning around the stadium like how many yellow cards Vinny has this season or shots on target by Sergio, i find it boring shit - it's like i'm watching the match via Sky Tv.

The player data seems very important though, being able to measure our opponents particularly and provide this info to our players pre-game.

Use SAP at work, well if they use in the ticket office that will be the end coz you will never get a ticket sorted on time,
It's bloody awful

I've used a few different SAP products and they are alright. Usually when people complain about software it's more because their IT system is crap and their dickhead managers haven't thought to give any proper training

I've used a few different SAP products and they are alright. Usually when people complain about software it's more because their IT system is crap and their dickhead managers haven't thought to give any proper training

Isn't that the truth! Not to mention the customer trying to save money on implementation by using a crowbar to fit the new stuff into existing infrastructure.

The partnership deal is interesting though: SAP software is bloody expensive as a rule.

All you cynics saying it'll take years to implement are talking through your arses.

The SAP data analysis software is already working and they're crunching data to identify good young transfer targets. First name out was some lad called Bell who plays for Bury. So there.

Will they be able to use this software to:

a) predict when the stocks of chips need replenishing?
b) produce reports on who doesn't track back?

All you cynics saying it'll take years to implement are talking through your arses.

The SAP data analysis software is already working and they're crunching data to identify good young transfer targets. First name out was some lad called Bell who plays for Bury. So there.
Not a bad place to start actually - if they have data dating back a long way, they should see how many stars their talent spotting algorithm would have identified. If Buster Phillips comes up, we might want to reconsider...

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.