City football shirts everywhere

Mansour's down to his last $1b with having to pay the fans everywhere around the world
Sheikh, save some to buy 10,000 tickets for every home game, not to mention the under the counter extra wages and the sponsorships.

The thing that always gets me if I see City shirts outside of Manchester is that I assume there's a connection so lead with "where abouts in Manchester are you from"? Still can't fathom people supporting us just because we're decent. Glory hunting bastards.
I don't assume that anymore haven'tfor a while, maybe because my sons a fan and now from Scotland. To be honest I don't worry about it, even back in the 70s living in rochdale I had freinds that were leeds and chelsea fans. Some just look and want different things from football. I's good to laugh at united for their tourist fans, but honestly I'm really not that bothered.

To be fair mate, I'm not from Manchester, i am a ST holder, I grew up in Shropshire, but my dads from heaton moor. He took me to games and got me into city. I dont have a manc accent so have been questioned about the subject alot since we got bought in 2008, no one cared before then who I supported. So where does this leave me? Should i of stopped supporting city in 2008? You tell me.

You've got a connection though pal which is what I mean. Still surprises me when they have jumped on the glory train. Doesn't bother me though, means more money for the club and better than seeing red shirts everywhere!

When I first started teaching 14 years ago the kids found it hilarious I was a blue, weren’t many about where I was teaching at the time (Cumbria). Over the past 14 years I’ve seen a steady trickle of kids supporting city, increasing year on year.

Just back from 2 days in Blackpool. Usually full of Utd shirts.

I saw 1 Liverpool & 1 Utd shirt in 2 days.

I was amazed how many young girls I saw wearing city shirts old & new. Great to see.

First time I have really noticed this.

On a related theme, I arrived at the swamp too early for last season's derby and hung around on the concourse outside the City end.
What really struck me was the ageing demographic of United's fanbase when compared with the youthful pre match ambience on City Square.

To be fair mate, I'm not from Manchester, i am a ST holder, I grew up in Shropshire, but my dads from heaton moor. He took me to games and got me into city. I dont have a manc accent so have been questioned about the subject alot since we got bought in 2008, no one cared before then who I supported. So where does this leave me? Should i of stopped supporting city in 2008? You tell me.

I class myself as a manc, living my first 5 years of my life in didsbury. I dont really have a manc accent ;)

My lad who is 25 gets called a glory hunter even thou he is 4th generation City but first born out of Manchester.

Football is now global and I love seeing little kids in City shirts around here.

Was in Olu Deniz last month and saw quite a few City fans.. Not many people wearing the rag shit..
Definitely many more City shirts on show wherever you go nowadays

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.