City football shirts everywhere

Mentioned this on another thread about a year ago.

It's a generational thing and City have been attracting the latest generation of kids who are getting in to football over the last 10 year, not just in the UK, it's everywhere.

Like it or loathe it, the good thing is that it likely secures their support for the next 50+ years along with the long term future success of the club.
Considering most of us don't get our first big memory of football until we are 7 or 8. So by the end of this season nearly all school going kids will have never seen the Rags win the league

Let’s face it. We have only had 10 years from that aguero moment which in itself would have brought us thousands of new fans 8yo to say 15yo. Continued success and our playing style will be attracting those age groups also. So if we didn’t win another thing you would still see more increase in shirts over next 10 years.
It’s why the owners want that champions league.
I’m not fussed myself. I’d rather be part of a small exclusive fan base. We used to bump into a city shirt on holiday and 99 times out of 100 they would have been to games.
Now many haven’t been to England let alone Manchester.
The likes of rags and dippers talk about the history. Yes we had some in past but we are making big history now.
In 15 years we can tell our grandkids we watched the city team smash the league 100 points 100 goals.
Shirt sales will grow for sure cos we ain’t finished yet.

The big change in my part of Lancashire (Wyre) has been the vanishing of Rags shirts. It seems to be mostly Liverpool with an increasing number of City shirts, especially the youngsters. There are also quite a few PNE and Blackpool shirts (both these clubs have loyal hard-core supports).
The signing of Haaland is a game-changer for City. He is the biggest box-office star we have ever signed and already has a huge personal fanbase across the world which will only get bigger. Grealish and Foden are also very commercially valuable to City and will be even more important if England do well at the World Cup.
City shirts aplenty in Fleetwood, smattering of dips & rag ones too but definitely more blue.

Got told off by Mrs Moon for laughing & talking too loud when seeing a raggy second strip shirt with ronaldo on the back. Wonder if PR37 will ever actually be on the pitch in it?

Yeah. Quite a few City shirts here in Perth, Australia (now). My folks emigrated out here with me and my sister in 1981 (just before the FA Cup final - my father was at the Semi Final and contemplated delaying our migration). Barely a City shirt anywhere in ~30 years. Over the last decade definitely see more and in particular the last 3-5 years.

It’s the Kids that like football/soccer and pick a team. It makes sense that they pick a team that’s successful, plays attractive football and has some stars in their lineup. Iconic moments help too. As another poster said it’s a generational thing and out owners have/will continue to play the long game in this regard.

Walked through buxton last Saturday counted 5 or 6 city tops .
One rag idiot.
I had my city top on.
The rags mate said to me what do you think to his shirt.
I just laughed and said they're fucking shite.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.