City football shirts everywhere

I've just returned from a holiday in Yorkshire and there were just as many kids wearing City shirts as united and liverpool which surprised me.

City shirts aplenty in Fleetwood, smattering of dips & rag ones too but definitely more blue.

Got told off by Mrs Moon for laughing & talking too loud when seeing a raggy second strip shirt with ronaldo on the back. Wonder if PR37 will ever actually be on the pitch in it?
Surprised you saw many City tops in Fleetwood, older generation more rag, younger ones more dipper but all also Fleetwood town fans. Cleveleys just down the coast is Manchester on sea loads of blues and rags.

The thing that always gets me if I see City shirts outside of Manchester is that I assume there's a connection so lead with "where abouts in Manchester are you from"? Still can't fathom people supporting us just because we're decent. Glory hunting bastards.
To be fair mate, I'm not from Manchester, i am a ST holder, I grew up in Shropshire, but my dads from heaton moor. He took me to games and got me into city. I dont have a manc accent so have been questioned about the subject alot since we got bought in 2008, no one cared before then who I supported. So where does this leave me? Should i of stopped supporting city in 2008? You tell me.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220812-160124_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20220812-160124_Gallery.jpg
    1,015.8 KB · Views: 55
  • received_560961508116108.jpeg
    received_560961508116108.jpeg
    38.6 KB · Views: 55
  • Screenshot_20220712-133136_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20220712-133136_Gallery.jpg
    388.4 KB · Views: 55
Last edited:
Won't be ours if the gatekeeping carries on mate.
Hopefully the vast majority of blues welcome newcomers. Whether you’ve been to a thousand games or just one doesn’t matter a bit - as long as you get that adrenaline rush when we score or win then you’re a blue and you always will be

To be fair mate, I'm not from Manchester, i am a ST holder, I grew up in Shropshire, but my dad is from heaton moor. He took me to games and got me into city. I dont have a manc accent so have been questioned about the subject alot since we got bought in 2008, no one cared before then who I supported. So where does this leave me? Should i of stopped supporting city in 2008? You tell me.View attachment 52464
I bumped into a fellow Blue wearing the '99 away strip from Wembley in a village here in the North East yesterday. Turns out he'd been a neutral but went on a few jobs in Manchester and got sucked in that way. So I suppose an organic thing. I myself was born in Manchester but have spent most of my life in the North East. My accent is a confusing generic northern.

Anyway, round here the balance is definitely changing but if I was the type to keep a score chart I reckon the Dippers would be out in front, Rags second and us third. Which is sad in a way because Boro, Sunderland and Newcastle are all much closer.

At the end of the day, shirt sales = money = investment in the club, so I don't see any reason to complain. It's just annoying now that people assume you're a glory hunter, especially if you don't sound like Liam Gallacher.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.