City games allegedly fixed

Corruption comes in many guises, but it effectively boils down to someone being dishonest.
Just look at Mark Halsey's claim he was instructed to say he didn't see Aguero's elbow on Winston Reid meaning Kun missed the Derby match through suspension. Halsey told a lie which had a direct effect on our team. Corruption however you try and dress it up.
It was Marriner. Halsey was the one who blew the whistle on it. But yeah you're right with your point.

We've got a big game next week. Going slightly left-field of the topic - if today's game was fixed, who would Chelsea want missing next week? I'd go for Kev or Komps.

Marriner was told to change it. Can't say how I know unfortunately but he was.

Thanks PB for bringing this to our attention.

I suppose we should not be surprised that football manages to continue its attempts to influence results when its best attempts to prevent new money via FFP failed. If the establishment can rule to prevent newcomers surely it will not suddenly act fairly to that newcomer if it can influence performances.
Refs may apply the rules impartially but only those who shall we say are compliant to certain requests are likely to move through the ranks.

We saw this type of thing happening with the police after Hillsborough when pressure was brought from senior officers for certain PC´s to change their written statements. The added incentive with football is the global money pot that success brings so I am not in the least surprised that corruption occurs. The days when attendances were shall we say under reported are now chicken feed to the multi millions shared from PL TV etc..

One thing is for sure....if we finish our chances we take the officials out of the equation and for me this is what we don't always do
I don't think refs are being bought but I do think our games are refereed differently and as a game goes on and things are tight this is when a ref or linesman can affect our result weather that be intentionally or sub consciously....basically take our chances kill the game early and take the officials out of the equation....

One thing annoys me when people say take our chances. Look at us last year vs spurs, sterling couldn't take his chance because he was pushed. Look at Liverpool when two players were unable to score simple tap ins due to fouls from behind in the box.
It's much harder to take your chance when someone is fouling you and they keep getting away with it

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.