City "have made the PL uncompetitive"

In the Premiership/Premier League era…

From 1993-2011 (ie. before City started winning Prem titles), there were only 5 last day title deciders in those 18 years (1994-95, 1995-96, 1998-99, 2007-08, 2009-10).

In just the last 13 years, with City at the top, there have been 5 last day title deciders (2011-12, 2013-14, 2018-19, 2021-22, 2023-24).

So the fact is that the league has never been more competitive in the Premiership/Premier League era.

In those first 18 years of the Prem era, there were 4 different winners of the Prem (United, Blackburn, Arsenal, Chelsea). In the last 13 years there have been 5 different winners of the Prem (City, United, Chelsea, Leicester, Liverpool).
The RDAHMeedya don't like the use of this word. They like opinion, axiom, and general media shite as the basis of what they report.

My neighbour has done really well for himself, brand new car, his house is perfect with a beautiful garden while I'm here with my crumbling pad that I haven't spent a penny on and a 12 year car on the road when it's working, anyhow I petitioned the council to get everything he has taken off him, it's only fair after all.

Are we being used as the excuse for the failure of others again?

Other clubs consistently spend more money than us, so we aren't buying success.

We hear from fans and media acolytes of other clubs how great their managers are, how fantastic their players are, but our players are dismissed as "system players" or "tap in merchant". So we aren't winning because we've got the best players or manager, apparently.

So something doesn't stack up. How are we making things uncompetitive if we don't spend the most, don't have the best manager, and don't have the best players?

Seems to me like others need to work harder to get better!

Indeed, I said to my neighbour throughout the match that nigh on every Brentford player had a decent touch, and at one point I asked if they'd got twelve on! The most skilful team we've seen in a long time - no surprise they were the last PL team to win at The Etihad. Hope the Arse are just a little inferior!
We were saying the same thing about the relative numbers. It seemed like they had one more than us at times. They showed it's perfectly possible to come to The Etihad and play football, rather than stick 10 men behind the ball.

But I saw that comment on the BBC live feed about it being uncompetitive. Let's look at the facts since Pep arrived:

2016/17 - 3rd, 15 points behind winners Chelsea
2017/18 - the Centurions season, won it by 19 points
2018/19 - won it by 1 point
2019/20 - 2nd, 18 points behind Liverpool
2020/21 - won it by 12 points
2021/22 - won it by 1 point
2022/23 - won it by 5 points
2023/24 - won it by 2 points

So only in 2 out of Pep's 8 seasons have we won it by a margin of more than 5 points. And even in 2022/23, Arsenal dropped 6 points in their last 3 games, which is hardly our fault. So there's only 2 seasons where we've won it comfortably.

It's a tough league where any team can beat City, Arsenal, Liverpool, etc
Many the games are a battle you have to just get through.
City and Villa did that yesterday Liverpool didn't.

It's a tough league where any team can beat City, Arsenal, Liverpool, etc
Many the games are a battle you have to just get through.
City and Villa did that yesterday Liverpool didn't.
Ah but the competitive element was missing at Anfield yesterday. Arse Snot admitted that Liverpool played like a bucket of MANUre!

If the PL is uncompetitive the other clubs should examine what they're doing and try to improve the way they play football. But first they need to shut up about cheating, drop the 115 charges and just accept that City are run better, trained better and just play better a lot more often than the other PL clubs. We don't have to cheat - we've got Pep! And other top quality off and on the pitch. If the PL is uncompetitive it's a problem for the other clubs, it's not our problem. We're not going to throw games to make scousers and cockneys feel better.

If the PL is uncompetitive the other clubs should examine what they're doing and try to improve the way they play football. But first they need to shut up about cheating, drop the 115 charges and just accept that City are run better, trained better and just play better a lot more often than the other PL clubs. We don't have to cheat - we've got Pep! And other top quality off and on the pitch. If the PL is uncompetitive it's a problem for the other clubs, it's not our problem. We're not going to throw games to make scousers and cockneys feel better.

The amount of money premiership teams earn now there is no excuse for them not to give it a go, most are just treading water keeping their own corner of the world safe and the money they make safe.

Not a jot of interest in competing.

We were saying the same thing about the relative numbers. It seemed like they had one more than us at times. They showed it's perfectly possible to come to The Etihad and play football, rather than stick 10 men behind the ball.

But I saw that comment on the BBC live feed about it being uncompetitive. Let's look at the facts since Pep arrived:

2016/17 - 3rd, 15 points behind winners Chelsea
2017/18 - the Centurions season, won it by 19 points
2018/19 - won it by 1 point
2019/20 - 2nd, 18 points behind Liverpool
2020/21 - won it by 12 points
2021/22 - won it by 1 point
2022/23 - won it by 5 points
2023/24 - won it by 2 points

So only in 2 out of Pep's 8 seasons have we won it by a margin of more than 5 points. And even in 2022/23, Arsenal dropped 6 points in their last 3 games, which is hardly our fault. So there's only 2 seasons where we've won it comfortably.
20/21 was competitive.On 19th December in 20/21 Liverpool won 7-0 away at Palace. The media went wild “best team in the world, got Pep’s number etc”.

Liverpool odds on favourites and we were lingering in 6th place and 8 points behind. And then they blew up and Gundogan did Gundogan things…(Edit: Gundogan scored 12 goals from 19Dec2020 onwards, only Kane scored more, and finished as our top-scorer. He then of course did more Gundogan things in the Villa game at the end of the 21/22 season)

Last edited:
20/21 was competitive.On 19th December in 20/21 Liverpool won 7-0 away at Palace. The media went wild “best team in the world, got Pep’s number etc”.

Liverpool odds on favourites and we were lingering in 6th place and 8 points behind. And then they blew up and Gundogan did Gundogan things…
If you're referring to the Villa last day game, that was the 22/23 season. We won the 20/21 league by 12 points.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.