City in Abu Dhabi (Updates)

zeddie said:
BosnianDiamond said:
I want to move to Abu Dhabi, looks amazing.

abu dhabi is nice.. but have you not seen dubai yet? different world! People think we live in tents, ride camels to work dodging flying bullets on the way

I dont think Dubai has that stigma at all. I dont think anyone really thinks that unless theyve been living under a rock. Dubai is unbelievable, the development and wealth is amazing, and I think everyone knows that. But yeah Abu Dhabi is Mini Dubai.

My IT manager a few years ago at a company I used to work at (in stoke on trent) said he would never foot step in Dubai unless he was wearing a bullet proof vest and had body guards. I do a lot of work in London now and the attitude there is much different i must admit.

Roberto Manciti said:
Just to clarify some points raised concerning the flight over to Abu Dhabi.

The MCFC party was flown from Manchester Airport to Abu Dhabi aboard an Etihad Airbus A330-300 aircraft [A6-AFF] which was specially chartered for the occasion. Etihad Airways does operate a twice daily scheduled service on the route, but the exclusive MCFC charter operated in addition to these and was timed to meet the travel needs of the club.

In answer to the question asking why the Manchester City FC liveried aircraft was not used for the trip … Airbus A330-200 [A6-EYE] "Bluemoon Rising" is configured with Business Class and Economy Class layout only. It does not have a First Class section. The aircraft which was used [A6-AFF] has a large First Class cabin … I wonder who got the best seats?!!! Obviously, Abu Dhabi wants to provide the best possible travel experience for the double-winning MCFC squad.

Whenever City have made high profile trips to Abu Dhabi, a First Class equipped aircraft has been provided. For that reason, it is also highly unlikely that A6-EYE "Bluemoon Rising" will fly them home at the end of the trip either.

Just to add … my personal congratulations to all at MCFC on a fantastic season!

LOL. Great post from Etihad PR. My family and I have flown with them many times and it's always great. Honestly, toss a coin between Emirates and them. Both Fab. Etihad should make the airbus daily like Emirates do.

Anyway, I am beginning to sound like a plane spotter and so I'll stop now.

However, I must take objection to the Dubai inferences. It's just about the safest place in the world. My kids love it. Manchester is the centre of the cultural universe but it has many downsides, like the gangsters I grew up with and fuck me around, even today. CTID and forever Mancunian. But Dubai is a truly great place to live.

Roberto Manciti said:

The MCFC party was flown from Manchester Airport to Abu Dhabi aboard an Etihad Airbus A330-300 aircraft [A6-AFF] which was specially chartered for the occasion. Etihad Airways does operate a twice daily scheduled service on the route, but the exclusive MCFC charter operated in addition to these and was timed to meet the travel needs of the club.

In answer to the question asking why the Manchester City FC liveried aircraft was not used for the trip … Airbus A330-200 [A6-EYE] "Bluemoon Rising" is configured with Business Class and Economy Class layout only. It does not have a First Class section. The aircraft which was used [A6-AFF] has a large First Class cabin … I wonder who got the best seats?!!! Obviously, Abu Dhabi wants to provide the best possible travel experience for the double-winning MCFC squad.

Whenever City have made high profile trips to Abu Dhabi, a First Class equipped aircraft has been provided. For that reason, it is also highly unlikely that A6-EYE "Bluemoon Rising" will fly them home at the end of the trip either.

Just to add … my personal congratulations to all at MCFC on a fantastic season!
Anyone remember the old charabanc trips to Blackpool? Those were the days.

Roberto Manciti said:

plane_spotters_01mt.jpg

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.