CITY IN EUROPE POZNAN AWAY

mikep said:
Any one who is going to Poznan if you aint already change ya dosh apparently you only get 4PLN to the £ over here yet in Poznan you get 4.39 but ask what you get per £ beore you commit as they will mug you and only give about 3.50 if you just say i wanna change £100 for example also heard that in TESCO you also get around 4.25PLNto the £

post office are doing a good deal.

-- Fri Oct 29, 2010 9:38 am --

LechFan said:
disco dawson said:
Great city, very modern style of living and considered almost German by other Poles.
What the fcuk did you mean by that? It's a typical Polish city in terms of style of living and I don't see why "almost German" would be an advantage of any kind. Poznan is the capital of Wielkopolska voivodship, one of the most notable historical regions of Poland and is considered especially tidy and clean in comparison to other regions, but that's all there is to it. Almost all other stuff is true. Not all trains but InterCity are crap, it's the case of railway stations rather I'd say.

are the trains good over there?

Depends on what you consider 'good', depends on the operator (there are a few) and so on. Generally the standard is pretty low, but it doesn't mean you can't get from point A to point B in quite decent conditions. Usually. ;)
But I wouldn't count on anyone speakin' English at the station though.

LechFan said:
Depends on what you consider 'good', depends on the operator (there are a few) and so on. Generally the standard is pretty low, but it doesn't mean you can't get from point A to point B in quite decent conditions. Usually. ;)
Hi Lech fan,
Your fans last week were excellent.
Do you have that same atmosphere for a normal Polish league game ?

LechFan said:

il just act dumb then when i jib the train :)

DTKOAG said:
Hi Lech fan,
Pretty much the same, yeah. Of course you can't avoid people who just can't be persuaded to sing all the time (I wonder why ;) but they are minority. Also we can't forget the fact, that our few latest league performances were unbelievable shit.
Young_TomO said:
Yeah, it's a strategy to consider, just don't be surprised when they kick you out of the train on the nearest station. ;)

LechFan said:
DTKOAG said:
Hi Lech fan,
Pretty much the same, yeah. Of course you can't avoid people who just can't be persuaded to sing all the time (I wonder why ;) but they are minority. Also we can't forget the fact, that our few latest league performances were unbelievable shit.
Young_TomO said:
Yeah, it's a strategy to consider, just don't be surprised when they kick you out of the train on the nearest station. ;)

its the only thing i havent got yet, train travel from gdansk. been told it will be around 25 english pounds

You can check it out here. The problem is - it is not Inter City, it's TLK (which means Cheap Railways, which also explains a lot). The 1 class ticket is a little less than 20 pounds. Due to a route modernisation, there are just a few direct trains from Gdansk to Poznan a day and the trip takes almost five hours instead of three.

beziersblue said:
desperatedon said:
Nice one Dortmund Dummy, good to see you got your ticket. When are you going?

Any idea of a bar to head to? I beleive that the square in the Old Town is the place to be.

no one will be on their own, if you see us come over and join us.
old town here we come.
Like citizen said, you're never on your own with blues.

Yeah I'm on my own as well. I plan to head to the Old Market Sqaure (Stare Rynek). From what I've heard and read on other threads here, the Square in the Old Town is the place to be with the best bars and the place were most City fans will be.

LechFan said:
You can check it out here. The problem is - it is not Inter City, it's TLK (which means Cheap Railways, which also explains a lot). The 1 class ticket is a little less than 20 pounds. Due to a route modernisation, there are just a few direct trains from Gdansk to Poznan a day and the trip takes almost five hours instead of three.

ive heard 4 hours it takes or so. Does first class get us free drinks?? :D

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.