CITY IN EUROPE POZNAN AWAY

I was speaking to a few of the Polish lads in work yesterday about this fixture. I asked will it be safe and no trouble, they kind of smirked a bit and said that it will be an intimidating place to go to. He said that all the blokes are huge and built like rugby players. he also said that everyone in Poland wants to go to this game to see city play football. When he came over he became a city fan and he said that he is really looking forward to the game and should be a great occasion. Just letting you all know his thoughts.

xmusampa said:
city70 - you say you arrive at 5pm thurs in poznan. isn't that cutting it a bit fine?

Yea, cutting it well fine, but seemed like good idea when booked it. Airport is 4 km by road from ground and on same side of city, so should be ok (I hope).

city70 said:
xmusampa said:
city70 - you say you arrive at 5pm thurs in poznan. isn't that cutting it a bit fine?

Yea, cutting it well fine, but seemed like good idea when booked it. Airport is 4 km by road from ground and on same side of city, so should be ok (I hope).
Phone the number up posted above and change your train time.

Ignore that post thought you was going by train

Slightly off topic ;)
5 weeks before the match (at CoMS ), more than 1,000 Lech Poznań fans bought tickets for this match. And what about you. How many of City fans were going to Poznań?

Where are people flying from the UK to Berlin? Wouldn't mind going on the train from there direct to Poznan if there are going to be lots of City fans on the same train.

flipmode said:
Where are people flying from the UK to Berlin? Wouldn't mind going on the train from there direct to Poznan if there are going to be lots of City fans on the same train.
Fly from L`pool on the 2nd of november to Berlin, couple of nights there then city special to Poznan, 2 nights in Poznan.<br /><br />-- Tue Sep 14, 2010 7:43 pm --<br /><br />
Bułgarska St said:
Slightly off topic ;)
5 weeks before the match (at CoMS ), more than 1,000 Lech Poznań fans bought tickets for this match. And what about you. How many of City fans were going to Poznań?
Not being funny Bulgarka but I think half of Poland already lives over here, more the merrier.

i was flying easy jet -Berlin from luton,but ive sacked it of and now goin with wizz, straight to Poznan and gettin easy jet back from Berlin on the Friday,train to Berlin booked 24 quid for me and the lad not bad really,was gona get the train there to,but sacked it of when i saw that on wizz air,wish id pissin seen it earlier never really thought about using 2 different flight companies,i have learnt my lesson this time,, those of you flyin from luton on the Wednesday,you might wana think about checkin it out lads,wizz from luton,then use easy jet back from Berlin on the Friday

We are flying from Liverpool to Wroclaw on the Wednesday, then train to Poznan, 2 night stay in Poznan, fly back Friday , and we are bringing our own Pole with us, he can sort out all the trains , taxis drinks etc !

If anyone needs digs, let me know as we booked 2 different places originally, aprtments that sleep 4+

A Few of us going on the Liverpool-Berlin flight on the Wednesday and having a night in Berlin before heading to Poznan on Thurs. Anyone been to Berlin before that could suggest a bar for all the blues to meet up and have a top city night out?

DortmundDummy is right about number of poles in uk,but you what you need to know is that lech will not let anyone from big polish local community into away end.they have very strict loyalty system among their supporters and due to big demand for this game they will only sell tickets to own ultras groups.this could be a big problem for manchester city football club as there is going to be massive rush for the home end tickets from poles from all over uk,if you ask tottenham about their experience with uefa cup game against cracow team that could lead to some nasty scenes.im polish myself i have been watching english football all over england and scotland and i have to say for whoever is going to poznan away its going to be fantastic experience.supporters there are passionate and level of noise will be incredible.after years of going to reebooks and emirates this will be very refreshing for you guys,also away support which you will see from poznan's ultras will be from different league.have fun and enjoy your trip.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.