CITY IN EUROPE POZNAN AWAY

i know, there are busses to Poland, but i don´t think on a daily basis. More on the weekends for the polish workers to drive home. But i can´t tell you definitely

There are definitely buses from the airport to Poznan, there was a Lech supporter, Bulgarska St (I think) who posted a couple of links on another thread. I think the price was about €20 each way, took about 3 hours. We had a choice between the bus and the train, but the clincher was that there is difinitely NO alcohol on the bus!!!

sktooblue said:
There are definitely buses from the airport to Poznan, there was a Lech supporter, Bulgarska St (I think) who posted a couple of links on another thread. I think the price was about €20 each way, took about 3 hours. We had a choice between the bus and the train, but the clincher was that there is difinitely NO alcohol on the bus!!!

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.polrail.com/sections/travel/railairlinks.html#Poznan" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.polrail.com/sections/travel/ ... tml#Poznan</a>

That suggests a taxi from the airport to the centre of Poznan is 14.00 PLN.

Which is £3

Danny Hoekman said:
Bulgarska St, is the rail system reliable over there and is first class much different than second class on the IC trains?

IC Trains are the best in Poland ... Almost no difference in the standard ( more comfortable seats & more space in 1st class ) ... but 2nd class in IC is almost like 1st class in normal train. ( this applies to the IC train between Poznan -Warsaw, I never traveled by train from Poznan to Berlin )

I do not know what train you take but if the EC Berlin Warsaw Express (BWE) is a big difference between 1st & 2nd class.
Just look:
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IVERDYOoRZU[/youtube]

Bułgarska St said:
Danny Hoekman said:
Bulgarska St, is the rail system reliable over there and is first class much different than second class on the IC trains?

IC Trains are the best in Poland ... Almost no difference in the standard ( more comfortable seats & more space in 1st class ) ... but 2nd class in IC is almost like 1st class in normal train. ( this applies to the IC train between Poznan -Warsaw, I never traveled by train from Poznan to Berlin )

I do not know what train you take but if the EC Berlin Warsaw Express (BWE) is a big difference between 1st & 2nd class.
Just look:
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IVERDYOoRZU[/youtube]
Hi Bulgarska st we are travelling from Krakow we have a choice a morning TLK train which takes over 7 hours paid first class then the sleeper 2 berth TLK back to krakow overnight are they comfortable and safe? we also have the option of flying to Warsaw and then Poznan which takes 3 hours which out of getting to poznan would you say is best? we will be getting the sleeper back to Krakow no matter what cheers

city51 said:
Hi Bulgarska st we are travelling from Krakow we have a choice a morning TLK train which takes over 7 hours paid first class then the sleeper 2 berth TLK back to krakow overnight are they comfortable and safe? we also have the option of flying to Warsaw and then Poznan which takes 3 hours which out of getting to poznan would you say is best? we will be getting the sleeper back to Krakow no matter what cheers

Hi city51

Trains are safe but I guess not as comfortable as in England, If You want take train - take only 1st class or sleeping carriages.

The plane is an option, I flew a few times ( Poznań - Warsaw - Poznań ) and it was all right.
You should be in Poznan, three hours before the game, to easy check-in and then go to the stadium.

from Airport to Center - 10-15 minutes by taxi
from Railway Station to Center - 3 minutes by taxi
from Airport to Stadium - 3 minutes by taxi
From Center to Stadium - 10-15 minutes by taxi

Bułgarska St said:
city51 said:

Hi city51

Trains are safe but I guess not as comfortable as in England, If You want take train - take only 1st class or sleeping carriages.

The plane is an option, I flew a few times ( Poznań - Warsaw - Poznań ) and it was all right.
You should be in Poznan, three hours before the game, to easy check-in and then go to the stadium.

from Airport to Center - 10-15 minutes by taxi
from Railway Station to Center - 3 minutes by taxi
from Airport to Stadium - 3 minutes by taxi
From Center to Stadium - 10-15 minutes by taxi

Thanks alot for the advice Bułgarska St and yes we have booked first class if we decide not to take the plane option

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.