City in for Alves?

tolmie's hairdoo said:
I'm interested to know why you mentioned Santon?

He was mentioned to me when I was at City Villa just after xmas. Seems Mancini rates him very very highly and knows him well.

From what I've seen of him, he's like Zabba, but technically much better and also pace wise much faster.

bluebean said:
tolmie's hairdoo said:
Wrong mate. To make room for absolutely ANYONE

The rollercoaster multiple buys are a thing of the past.

Bit lost there mate, what do you men by anyone?

It was in reference to Bluebean attempting to explain my previous post.

He incorrectly stated we had to free up squad places to sign Alves.

We are having to do so, for anybody we attempt to bring in.

avoidconfusion said:
Don't think he should be on our priority list. What we need is a replacement for Silva and preferably someone with real pace.

Silva is class mate just need a a couple of defenders alves would be great then maybe a quality partner for kompany because kolo is too inconsistent!

Re: this 25 man squad lark. Our squad list was stated at the beginning of the season to be:

1 - Joe Hart
2 - Shay Given
3 - Stuart Taylor
4 - Vincent Kompany
5 - Kolo Tooure
6 - Joleon Lescott
7 - Micah Richards
8 - Pablo Zabaleta
9 - Jerome Boateng
10 - Aleksandar Kolarov
11 - Wayne Bridge
12 - Shaleum Logan
13 - Nigel de Jong
14 - Gareth Barry
15 - Yaya Toure
16 - Patrick Vieira
17 - Michael Johnson
18 - James Milner
19 - Shaun Wright-Phillips
20 - Adam Johnson
21 - David Silva
22 - Jo
23 - Roque Santa Cruz
24 - Emmanuel Adebayor
25 - Carlos Tevez

We didn't need to register Balo, Boyata, Guidetti, Nimley, etc because are all under 21. Assulin would also fall into this category as he's only 19.

From that list, we've now got rid of Bridge and Santa Cruz, and added Dzeko - meaning we already have a place free in our revised squad before we get rid of Ade and SWP. With those two gone, we'd have three places free in the squad.

Surely we can't be thinking of bringing three more players in - I would have thought one at the most - in which case it would appear that we have plenty of space in the 25 as it is.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.