City in for Alves?

bluebean said:
BillyShears said:
What does that mean mate?

Regarding Alves - can't see it happening now or in the summer. His age, the wages he would demand, the transfer fee Barca would want - it would all be in direct conflict with what the club have been saying about reigning in transfer spending, signing young players, not paying over the odds etc...

It means players need to leave, ade or swp, to make room for him in 25 man squad

Well to be honest, my opinion is that ridding ourselves of Ade and Swp and then adding Alves would be such supreme folly that the club would never ever do that...

We already have too many full backs in the squad...whilst we don't have enough out and out wingers (esp if SWP goes). Before anyone says "Alves can play as a winger" - I know he can - but he's not going to be bought to play there which is why IMO he won't be bought.

BillyShears said:
bluebean said:
It means players need to leave, ade or swp, to make room for him in 25 man squad

Well to be honest, my opinion is that ridding ourselves of Ade and Swp and then adding Alves would be such supreme folly that the club would never ever do that...

We already have too many full backs in the squad...whilst we don't have enough out and out wingers (esp if SWP goes). Before anyone says "Alves can play as a winger" - I know he can - but he's not going to be bought to play there which is why IMO he won't be bought.

Sorry mate, was only alluding to my interpretation of wiggling the squad...

BillyShears said:

We dont though - Richards and Boateng are centre halves posing as full backs.

tolmie's hairdoo said:
BillyShears said:

Regarding Alves - can't see it happening now or in the summer. His age, the wages he would demand, the transfer fee Barca would want - it would all be in direct conflict with what the club have been saying about reigning in transfer spending, signing young players, not paying over the odds etc...

Hi mate, I agree entirely with regards your take on Alves.

I'm led to believe we will only now move in the market if we can move out Ade and Shaun.

We are demanding cast-iron guarantees from interested clubs, with regards to outright purchases, before sanctioning any loans.

This has been problematic.

It is the first example to me City are indeed taking these financial fair play rules very seriously indeed.

It's not a question of monies being available, all about cash flow and what we want to show in the summer books.

Outgoing players also know this and are in very strong positions.

My own take is both these players will get the moves, then it really is a case (sounds ridiculous, but in a unique position) seeing what potentially sticks to the wall with regards identified targets.

Alves was certainly one in the summer, most likely our owners' desire, albeit Mancini is hardly going to turn his nose up.

He is also well accustomed in Italy to presidents who suggest players.

Personally, would rather see us go and get Chris Samba and Sneijder!!

Samba and Sneijder hey...for me they would both fall into the same category as Alves (over priced, too high wage demands etc).

The way I see the squad being shaped now is this - if SWP and Ade go, we'll move on a midfield player as we need options beyond AJ and Silva (I'm not counting Balo because his knee seems potentially problematic already). For me it would be someone like the kid at Southampton, ie. a young player with heaps of potential but not someone who would automatically demand a starting place. Possibly Henderson due to his versatility.

I think we'll wait until the summer for the back 4 - but I expect we'll go after Santon and an established top top drawer centre half...because that's probably the one place we could do with class AND experience...

bluebean said:
BillyShears said:

Wrong mate. To make room for absolutely ANYONE

The rollercoaster multiple buys are a thing of the past.

BillyShears said:
tolmie's hairdoo said:
Hi mate, I agree entirely with regards your take on Alves.

I'm led to believe we will only now move in the market if we can move out Ade and Shaun.

We are demanding cast-iron guarantees from interested clubs, with regards to outright purchases, before sanctioning any loans.

This has been problematic.

It is the first example to me City are indeed taking these financial fair play rules very seriously indeed.

It's not a question of monies being available, all about cash flow and what we want to show in the summer books.

Outgoing players also know this and are in very strong positions.

My own take is both these players will get the moves, then it really is a case (sounds ridiculous, but in a unique position) seeing what potentially sticks to the wall with regards identified targets.

Alves was certainly one in the summer, most likely our owners' desire, albeit Mancini is hardly going to turn his nose up.

He is also well accustomed in Italy to presidents who suggest players.

Personally, would rather see us go and get Chris Samba and Sneijder!!

Samba and Sneijder hey...for me they would both fall into the same category as Alves (over priced, too high wage demands etc).

The way I see the squad being shaped now is this - if SWP and Ade go, we'll move on a midfield player as we need options beyond AJ and Silva (I'm not counting Balo because his knee seems potentially problematic already). For me it would be someone like the kid at Southampton, ie. a young player with heaps of potential but not someone who would automatically demand a starting place. Possibly Henderson due to his versatility.

I think we'll wait until the summer for the back 4 - but I expect we'll go after Santon and an established top top drawer centre half...because that's probably the one place we could do with class AND experience...

I'm interested to know why you mentioned Santon?

He's still a kid, albeit a very promising one. Inter are playing a stupid game with such a talent.

not sure if this old news but it says here we have put a 25mill bid in
<a class="postlink" href="http://www.metro.co.uk/sport/football/853658-dani-alves-to-make-25m-manchester-city-transfer-johan-cruyff-confirms" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.metro.co.uk/sport/football/8 ... f-confirms</a>

Alves can give us that much needed pace and width.

Who said he needed to play right back?

We can't just be going out and buying kids on the cheap, because they will have to sit on the bench as we already have no depth in some positions.

Sneijder is my preferred signing out of anybody and I don't care what we pay for him, Inter might not even qualify for the CL next season and he's already achieved everything he can there.

For me we don't have a centre midfield with enough depth or good enough for the Champions League, we need the width option and we're living off 3 strikers essentially.

We need LB cover for Kolarov to and Boateng's going to have to multiply if he's going to cover every position that people want him to play in lol.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.