City in for Alves?

Very rarely I go gaga for any player; let alone players that don't play for city. but Alves is phenomenal. I remember watching him play for Sevilla years ago and being mesmerised by his play. His long range passing across field to Kanoute was immense. He played without fear and fought hard to bomb forward and put in a usually perfect cross.

There are only four players I desperately want to see play for City now that we have the ambition and the money to make it happen; Messi, Xavvi/Ineista, Alves and Yaya Toure.

Two out of four and i'd be a very happy chap.

I was dumbfounded when we signed Yaya, he will continue to get better and better.

If we manage to sign Alves... well i'm struggling to comprehend it - awesome, awesome player.

May be,
Van Der Wiel -> Barca,
Alves -> City,
all parties satisfied with reasonable fees, wages, and status offers, win-win altogether.

One thing is certainly beyond dispute, our interest.

Brought up in casual conversation by cheeky Cookie during the Yaya negotiations, City told would be kept updated to Alves' situation.

Rossell and Cookie go way back.

We are desperately trying to create wiggle room on the revised 25-man list, so transfer deadline day could yet prove exciting.

But I remain sceptical a deal of such magnitude would be turned around so quickly, especially with the player in question demanding a rise.

And yes, I do remember Robinho.

tolmie's hairdoo said:

Brought up in casual conversation by cheeky Cookie during the Yaya negotiations, City told would be kept updated to Alves' situation.

We are desperately trying to create wiggle room on the revised 25-man list, so transfer deadline day could yet prove exciting.

But I remain sceptical a deal of such magnitude would be turned around so quickly, especially with the player in question demanding a rise.

Tolmie's Hairdoo!

tolmie's hairdoo said:

What does that mean mate?

Regarding Alves - can't see it happening now or in the summer. His age, the wages he would demand, the transfer fee Barca would want - it would all be in direct conflict with what the club have been saying about reigning in transfer spending, signing young players, not paying over the odds etc...

Good to have you back TH - this section of the forum is like the Atacama Desert when you're not on it.

Not Alves specific in any way, but would you envisage us making another signing in this window, or do you think its more a case of preliminary moves in readiness for the close season?

I had resigned myself to probably not, but there do seem to be one or two whispers doing the rounds.

BillyShears said:
tolmie's hairdoo said:

Regarding Alves - can't see it happening now or in the summer. His age, the wages he would demand, the transfer fee Barca would want - it would all be in direct conflict with what the club have been saying about reigning in transfer spending, signing young players, not paying over the odds etc...

It means players need to leave, ade or swp, to make room for him in 25 man squad

tolmie's hairdoo said:

Welcome back Tolmie :) ive missed your input mate. quick question any truth in Lukaku coming or do you think we are all finished with transfers.

BillyShears said:
tolmie's hairdoo said:

Hi mate, I agree entirely with regards your take on Alves.

I'm led to believe we will only now move in the market if we can move out Ade and Shaun.

We are demanding cast-iron guarantees from interested clubs, with regards to outright purchases, before sanctioning any loans.

This has been problematic.

It is the first example to me City are indeed taking these financial fair play rules very seriously indeed.

It's not a question of monies being available, all about cash flow and what we want to show in the summer books.

Outgoing players also know this and are in very strong positions.

My own take is both these players will get the moves, then it really is a case (sounds ridiculous, but in a unique position) seeing what potentially sticks to the wall with regards identified targets.

Alves was certainly one in the summer, most likely our owners' desire, albeit Mancini is hardly going to turn his nose up.

He is also well accustomed in Italy to presidents who suggest players.

Personally, would rather see us go and get Chris Samba and Sneijder!!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.