City Kits - 2025/26

Horrendous! Sashes are for 3rd kits.
Home kit has to be traditional, the kit designers can go crazy on the 2nd & 3rd kit
It would be boring if we just stuck to traditional plain designs every season.

And we have barely stuck to traditional City home colours since the 1940s. Sky blue shirts, white shorts, navy socks is traditional City:

IMG_7953.gif

I’d have those colours for the shirt, shorts and socks every single season, just with some different designs for them. But we’ve diverted away from our core traditional colours by changing sock colours and shorts colours many times.

Before 1933 we’d never had a white collar on the kit. If a kit had ever had a collar previous to that, it had always been sky blue. People now think a white collar is traditional City.

We’d never worn solid white socks before 1960.

Before 1962, we’d never had solid sky blue socks before. Now people think that’s traditional City.

Before 1970 we’d never had a badge in the middle of the chest.

Before 1976, we’d never worn sky blue shorts and never had manufacturer stripes down the arms… only ever seen again with the 1997-99 Kappa stripes down the arms with the laser blue kit, with that colour change being another non-traditional thing (which is was never in favour of, by the way):

IMG_7956.jpeg

Before 1987, we’d never had a football net design nor a collar like this and we’ve not seen either since, but it’s one of my favourite ever City tops:

IMG_7948.jpeg

We’d never had diamonds nor a navy collar before this 1989 kit:

IMG_7949.jpeg

Before 1991, we’d never had navy flashes on the arm or strange wavey pattern:

IMG_7950.jpeg

I’m all for having a completely traditional solid colours like what we were formed as a club as in 1894. But we do need something a bit different every now and again. As long as the core colours are sky blue, white and navy I don’t mind if there are some different patterns, stripes down the arms, flashes of colour here and there or a nice sash… sashes are more traditionally City than a football net pattern or diamonds and they are classic kits.

Last edited:

And we have barely stuck to traditional City home colours since the 1940s. Sky blue shirts, white shorts, navy socks is traditional City:

View attachment 135252

I’d have those colours for the shirt, shorts and socks every single season, just with some different designs for them. But we’ve diverted away from our core traditional colours by changing sock colours and shorts colours many times.

Before 1933 we’d never had a white collar on the kit. If a kit had ever had a collar previous to that, it had always been sky blue. People now think a white collar is traditional City.

Before 1962, we’d never had solid sky blue socks before. Now people think that’s traditional City.

Before 1976, we’d never worn sky blue shorts and never had manufacturer stripes down the arms… only ever seen again with the 1997-99 Kappa stripes down the arms with the laser blue kit, with that colour change being another non-traditional thing (which is was never in favour of, by the way):

View attachment 135265

Before 1987, we’d never had a football net design nor a collar like this and we’ve not seen either since, but it’s one of my favourite ever City tops:

View attachment 135248

View attachment 135249

View attachment 135250

I’m all for having a completely traditional solid colours like what we were formed as a club as in 1894. But we do need something a bit different every now and again. As long as the core colours are sky blue, white and navy I don’t mind if there are some different patterns, stripes down the arms, flashes of colour here and there or a nice sash… sashes are more traditionally City than a football net pattern or diamonds and they are classic kits.
and red and black away kits?

Utter dog turd

View attachment 135252

View attachment 135265

View attachment 135248

View attachment 135249

View attachment 135250

The middle shirt is my all time favourite, I had that and the maroon away shirt, class

I’ve decided that if you want Manchester City’s home kit to have a sash, or blue shorts, or anything that isn’t sky blue shirt, white shorts, sky blue socks then you can’t be allowed to support them.

Don’t blame me, they’re the rules.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.