City ladies team

Falastur said:
Sheikh Rattle n Roll said:
She is from what i hear, the best player the ladies have

I understand your motivations behind posting the initial bit of information, but I think it's time to give it up. Regardless of whether it is true or not, no-one actually believes you, and to keep trying to insist over and over that it is true could well be construed as panic/anger-mongering, which is something no blue should willingly let him- (or her-) self do.

Spot on!

The information has come from her parents. She has signed a contract with City and I was told that she was the only one to have been offered a contract (I presume to stop other Clubs getting her). I don't follow the women's team, but my understanding is that she is by far City's best player, so it will not be difficult for anyone who plays for the ladies, or who follows them, to know who she is.

I posted my initial comment, because again, that is what I was told. I have no reason to believe I am being lied to. I have been told that City will be investing a lot of money in the ladies team in the months ahead, which I assume means they will be looking to buy players from other teams. If current players from the ladies team haven't been offered, or signed a contract, my only thought can be that the Club do not consider that they are good enough to be offered professional terms.

PM me FU21

Just seen this thread and haven't read through it, i won't apologize for my comments.
Whilst driving through Doncaster the other day there was a bit of a scoop on local radio as to what is going on RE City taking the Belles place, i think it is totally disgusting if that is simply the case where the big boys(girls) are muscling in on another team just because THEY CAN, be it City or a n other.. the Belles have a local top notch Barrister and more on their side but in this world of greed i don't think this will matter, i despair at times.

buzzer1 said:
Just seen this thread and haven't read through it, i won't apologize for my comments.
Whilst driving through Doncaster the other day there was a bit of a scoop on local radio as to what is going on RE City taking the Belles place, i think it is totally disgusting if that is simply the case where the big boys(girls) are muscling in on another team just because THEY CAN, be it City or a n other.. the Belles have a local top notch Barrister and more on their side but in this world of greed i don't think this will matter, i despair at times.

You don´t think you ought to read up on the subject before posting here?
At least read the thread!

S04 said:
buzzer1 said:

Erm i did say i hadn't read the thread and IF IF IF IF that is the case as above then i THINK it is out of order on the Belles.. if that is ok my friend.

buzzer1 said:
S04 said:
buzzer1 said:

Erm i did say i hadn't read the thread and IF IF IF IF that is the case as above then i THINK it is out of order on the Belles.. if that is ok my friend.

Allow us to fill you in then.

A year ago, the FA announced it was reforming the WSL by adding the second tier, and said that all places were up for consideration. It invited clubs to send in applications to either the first or second tiers (or both). City applied to both. So did quite a few other clubs. It just happened that as part of City's application they were able to cite the newly-unveiled City Football Academy plans as part of the support for their bid. Considering what the CFA is, and how much it costs, no other team could match that, but we were hardly going to say "it's an unfair advantage so we promise not to use it for womens' football", were we?

In the end, the FA chose to retain 7 out of the original 8 clubs in the top division, and chose us to replace Doncaster. We didn't make them keep all the other teams, we didn't make them pick us instead of anyone else, they selected on their own criteria, and they picked us from a decent list of possibles, so it could've been any other club that ended up doing what we did. If what I've read is true, the people running MCLFC were preparing for acceptance to the 2nd tier, because they didn't think the FA would actually change their top division, their application was purely speculative. Lots of people seem to have read the news articles and almost seem to think that this situation came about because the FA didn't want to change the top division but we paid them a large amount of money to squeeze us in at the expense of whoever else would be least able to resist. That couldn't be further from the truth. Honestly, in this situation what were we supposed to do? After submitting our application, we did nothing to influence it. Should we have gone "actually, no, don't worry about it, we don't want the place after all because we feel sorry for Doncaster"?

I don't doubt it's not a pleasant situation and I feel bad for Doncaster too. Personally I think they should just make two leagues of 9 and put Doncaster back. But this is a situation that the FA have entirely engineered themselves, so why is it that we are taking all the blame?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.