City launch legal action against the Premier League | City win APT case (pg901)

That they don’t involve the interest free loans as APTs was part of the 2020 rules too, and I’m not sure they’re going to easily get agreement to just include them from enough clubs.

Think this has a fair bit to run yet.
it's either remove them or come up with a legal solution that's agreeable with the majority. Anything else is asking the PL to be handing cash out in a tribunal again

The legality of APT as a concept was upheld, just not the 2 most recent additions. City argued the whole thing was unlawful and failed.

It’s not arguable that was a major victory for the PL, if City had succeeded in that there’d be no APT rules right now, and as it stands we’re just back to 2020 rules.

People can argue about whether City thought they’d actually win that argument or not, but the fact is they made the argument and lost and the PL is in a much much better position than they’d be if that claim had been upheld.
We took action because of the 2 additions.
Mere semantics - but definitely a City win.

The legality of APT as a concept was upheld, just not the 2 most recent additions. City argued the whole thing was unlawful and failed.

It’s not arguable that was a major victory for the PL, if City had succeeded in that there’d be no APT rules right now, and as it stands we’re just back to 2020 rules.

People can argue about whether City thought they’d actually win that argument or not, but the fact is they made the argument and lost and the PL is in a much much better position than they’d be if that claim had been upheld.
That's exactly right. I would argue, however, that the club most likely knew that the whole concept of APT would not be thrown out. But to win on the two most-recent amendments, ie Nov 21 and Feb 24, represents a substantial victory. The PL is in an invidious position now because I can't see a scenario whereby interest-free shareholder loans, that don't need to be repaid, can co-exist with an FMV assessment of APTs.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.