City launch legal action against the Premier League | City win APT case (pg901)

We should raise a vote of no confidence in Masters. Ask the other clubs if they’re happy for him to keep spending their money on ridiculous legal fees for cases they keep losing because they don’t know their own rules and keep trying to bring in illegal ones

Agreed. At some point the penny has to drop that in an effort to stop City and then Newcastle two other clubs have had points deducted, another club showed up the inadequacy of the rules as drafted and we now have a ruling that cites the latest APT rulings are illegal and that the PL is abusing its authority.

Additionally, the free ride other clubs were getting via shareholder funding has now been deemed unfair and discriminatory. Chuck in the millions spent on legal fees and it’s not exactly a ringing endorsement of Masters stewardship.

To be fair it has been bleeding hilarious so I’ll give him that much.

I'm sure it's already been asked, but can someone help me out? Does this bear well for us in relation to the other charges?

Seems to me the Prem don't know their arse from their elbow and are just trying to damage us reputationally.

Don't think so. Other than, as you say, the PL have a problem knowing their arse from their elbow, which bodes well.

We don’t even know how many sponsorships they rejected unlawfully. We know City had 3, it wouldn’t surprise me if the league-wide figure was upwards of 10? You’d imagine Newcastle would have a few for starters. Chelsea? Wolves?

Those clubs are all going to want compensation for those sponsorships, especially if City end up getting a big wedge awarded.

So the next PL meeting could get very spicy.

The Etihad deal was up for renewal for another 10 years and its was for about £800million

What this has shown is that it is the law which prevents the cartel from ruining anyone who stands in their way. The regulations governing the game have to be consistent with the law. For years now we have been treated to the nonsense that the governing bodies are only seeking to establish financial fair play, but today they have been shown to behave partially and unlawfully and deliberately so. It will be interesting now if an owner invests more than the PL allows and argues that FFP ignores that sponsorship deals are not as favourable to small clubs as "big" ones.
Yep. City fans have said for years that a red cartel exists and we have been painted as absolute cranks for suggesting it. Todays ruling shows that plays were made behind the scenes by certain individuals and clubs, to protect their status by whatever means necessary, including the introduction of unlawful rules.

The media fallout will all be about City and what it means going forward but the bigger story for me is the collusion between the PL and certain clubs to stifle competition. Why are the PL pandering to and protecting certain members at the expense of other members? All PL clubs get an equal share but seemingly some shares are more equal than others.

I’m an Ipswich fan, so I’ve got no particular horse in this race. But from that neutral perspective, it’s so damn good to see fans of the ‘big’ clubs trying desperately to have the moral high ground. They tried to fix the system, to make sure that no one else could *ever* legally match their financial firepower. That’s all they cared about. Being on top and STAYING on top in perpetuity. Feck everyone else. All this ridiculous moralising, pretending to care about principles of law, when it’s really about not letting anyone else join your elite club. It’s transparent, and I hope the cards continue to fall in City’s favour with this legal action.
Good post mate,carry on.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.