City launch legal action against the Premier League | City win APT case (pg901)

I think you are missing the point.

City didn't have a problem with the original rules. The club even voted for them in principle and didn't vote against them in 2021. It was the 2023 rules that led to the tribunal.

When it came to making the claim, of course the club aimed high against the original rules as well as the new rules. Why not? You never know. It's the equivalent of the 115 charges. I doubt the club really thought they could throw out all the rules, but they seem to have had success on the new rules they voted against and on the deals that were delayed. Which is a win for the club and a problem for the PL.

The PL can claim that as a victory if they want, but it is hugely embarrassing for them to have their legal opinion, that was paraded around all the clubs, reversed on appeal on any issue at all. And not for the first time.

I’m not missing any point, a poster asked if the PL actually won anything at all and the answer is yes.

You can claim the club didn’t have a problem with the original APT rules, that doesn’t change the fact they just spent a lot of time and money trying to get them thrown out, the rules were on the line and we were unsuccessful, which is a win for the PL.

It might not be something the club are devastated about, but it’s ridiculous to claim that winning an argument at arbitration isn’t a win when the consequences of losing would have been huge.

They’re entitled to celebrate that because they’d be absolutely fucked if we’d won.

It's not unusual for companies in breech of competition law to be fined, in the UK it's 10% of your income. If that does happen, and furthermore legal costs and even city sueing for loss of income is on the cards, where is all that money coming from?

I think we've all seen Masters is a dead man walking for some time, certainly City did when we made those comments about his understudy being so gracious to attend our premier league winners crowning last season.

The endgame here is not to dispose of all rules, nor to open up a free for all. It's to bring a fairness and transparency of a legally sound framework for each member club to adhere to, even if they'd rather be kept blindfolded, and to remove the diseased self-appointed aristocracy of the English game to prevent them continuing to shape the game to their benefit.

If the premier league is the glass house.....

I read it as we provided a whole lot of reasons why we believed the rules were unlawful. The fact that the panel agreed with some of the reasons means the rules are unlawful. The fact they didn’t agree with every reason doesn’t make the rules a bit lawful. They’re unlawful full stop.

It’s like saying a disallowed goal wasn’t offside but it was only disallowed because of a foul on the keeper. It doesn’t make it a part goal.
Exactly, they are either illegal or not.

It points that the Premier league are not to be believed in all that they do

Reputation is hanging by a thread if any and why would anyone believe them
That Newcastle evidence and the suggestion from Tolmie there are also damning emails could damage the PL's reputation even more. It is obvious they have been acting in bad faith all along.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.