City launch legal action against the Premier League | City win APT case (pg901)

Just heard Henry Winter say that we should be celebrating City's success and not embarrassing the premier league with this .
Well Henry, i have seen no celebrating of City's success other than from city fans, just constant sniping. This has probably fueled the latest development

I've read a few pages, but haven't noticed the answer I am seeking so I will ask:-

Is this action City is taking being heard by an independent British court, that will judge under the same criteria any British business can expext, or is this (like the 115) being arbitrated under some PL organised panel?

I've read a few pages, but haven't noticed the answer I am seeking so I will ask:-

Is this action City is taking being heard by an independent British court, that will judge under the same criteria any British business can expext, or is this (like the 115) being arbitrated under some PL organised panel?
This is a legal action and the arbitration will be heard by a judge who will hold them to the same laws as any british business which is entirely citys case to be fair that the pl rules do not comply with anti competition law in the uk

Yes. The tyranny of the majority has always been my criticism of Utilitarianism. The greatest good to the greatest number sounds fine until you ask: “But what happens to minorities.?” Utilitarians like Jeremy Bentham never answered this question. In the nineteenth century women were treated as a minority and the women’s suffrage movement both here and in the US had to overcome utilitarian ideas in smug parliaments. That in itself was a huge struggle.
the greater good generally only exists to serve that those that consider themselves 'greater'

It's a section X arbitration under the PL rules which is as close to a CAS arbitration you will get under the rules. So the PL chooses an arbitrator, the club chooses an arbitrator and the chair is chosen by those two.

Last edited:
Just heard Henry Winter say that we should be celebrating City's success and not embarrassing the premier league with this .
Well Henry, i have seen no celebrating of City's success other than from city fans, just constant sniping. This has probably fueled the latest development
He’s two faced is our Henry. He needs to decide what philosophy of competition he actually believes. If he favours genuine open competition he should welcome our action. If he believes competition should be limited, he would favour the current rules. He’s always put on this air of superiority and knowing something nobody else does. Public school?

and herein lies the problem, this is how the pl has got to where it is, the cartel and pl want us to know our place, you have won a few while we get rules in place to stop you, now know your place and shut up and thats all they want and all it will ever be unless someone stands up.

He’s two faced is our Henry. He needs to decide what philosophy of competition he actually believes. If he favours genuine open competition he should welcome our action. If he believes competition should be limited, he would favour the current rules. He’s always put on this air of superiority and knowing something nobody else does. Public school?
he should be in government, he really does think he knows better despite having no evidence or knowledge to back that attitude up.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.