City launch legal action against the Premier League | City win APT case (pg901)

Bottom line on this case? Disguising owner investment as sponsorship by a related company doesn't sound a particularly good thing, but does the case really go to the anti-competitive rules against owner investment that make related party sponsorship a way round those unfair rules?

It should be fairly easy to show that the rules were designed to restrict new entrants to a cartel, and not about financial sustainability when prospective owners could buy clubs with money they hadn't got and load the club with debt while personally taking money out of revenue after servicing the debt (and with some overvalued sponsorship - e.g. Chevrolet).

Last edited:
I’ve forgotten which comic it was that gave out a cardboard sheet with ladders for all four divisions and a marker for each team to slot in. Early every Sunday morning, I snaffled our Sunday Express and adjusted my ladders. Magic.
Think it was 'The Tiger' with Roy Race of Melchester Rovers.

The disingenuous way in which the press are reporting this is to be expected what they are failing to do is give it any context, what city are basically saying is that it is unfair that anybody decides how much money we get to earn and that these rules have only just been put in place to stop us and that is anticompetitive, in no other business in the world does an independent body get to decide the value of something, that is basic economics that the market sets the value, eg quite frankly if any journalists over 10 quid a year then in my opinion they are overpaid and their wages should be cut but i dont set the value and that is why.

Just read this explanation of tyranny of the majority on twitter.

Tyranny of the majority describes a scenario where the majority enforces its will on the minority, often to the detriment of minority rights and interests. While democracy aims to balance the will of the majority with the protection of individual and minority rights, tyranny of the majority refers to the failure of this balance, leading to majoritarian overreach and potential injustice
Yes. The tyranny of the majority has always been my criticism of Utilitarianism. The greatest good to the greatest number sounds fine until you ask: “But what happens to minorities.?” Utilitarians like Jeremy Bentham never answered this question. In the nineteenth century women were treated as a minority and the women’s suffrage movement both here and in the US had to overcome utilitarian ideas in smug parliaments. That in itself was a huge struggle.

So another leak of a supposedly confidential case......Deja Vu.

City will have been advised by the most competent of legal and commercial lawyers and will not have pressed the case unless they had been assured of an unbeatable case and successful outcome.

The clubs are divided & the PL will be broken if this case is won.

HH Sheikh Mansour has been provoked and his tanks are now parked on the PLs grass & have fired the first shells of the battle.

The cost will be very high for the loser.

Fortunate favours the just and brave !!
Pity we haven’t still got Swales then.

Yes. The tyranny of the majority has always been my criticism of Utilitarianism. The greatest good to the greatest number sounds fine until you ask: “But what happens to minorities.?” Utilitarians like Jeremy Bentham never answered this question. In the nineteenth century women were treated as a minority and the women’s suffrage movement both here and in the US had to overcome utilitarian ideas in smug parliaments. That in itself was a huge struggle.
It's a criticism of democracy. See India.
Or Israel. Not Britain where FTPT has meant tyranny of the minority.

I still think United are far more likely to have sided with the PL on this, personally.

Of course they will they aren't owned by the Middle East! You just have to look at Chelsea with there new shirt sponsor all fine and dandy

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.