City launch legal action against the Premier League | City win APT case (pg901)

I hope the arena tell him he's not welcome, find somewhere else.
I hope that when they lead him through the backstage door they direct into our ground instead where a few blues are waiting, let's see how funny he thinks he is then

The word you seem to have erased from your memory is ‘all’, from the sentence ‘… it is unlikely that City prove that these rules are all unlawful’.

… and so it came to pass.
Our general counsel Simon Cliff today stated that in the clubs opinion all of the APT rules are void and have been since 2021.
So it matters not a fuck if it's one two or twenty if the clubs position is correct.

Anyhow, looks like this is fizzling out for now. Been a good 24 hours, enjoyed it.

I don’t think so.

However Cliff warns that it is "remarkable that the Premier League is now seeking to involve the member clubs in a process to amend the APT rules at a time when it does not even know the status of those rules".

He added: "We will be writing separately about this to the Premier League but in the meantime, given the findings in the award, this is the time for careful reflection and consideration by all clubs, and not for a knee-jerk reaction.

"Such an unwise course would be likely to lead to further legal proceedings with further legal costs. It is critical for member clubs to feel that they can have trust in their regulator."

Cliff's letter will also increase speculation that City may take further legal action to claim compensation for any losses they argue they have suffered as a result of the rules.

As a City fan, I’m delighted that we’ve won the aspects of the case we seem to have wanted to win. It gives us the opportunity to attempt to get our higher sponsorships through.

The rules still in place will likely prevent Newcastle from declaring monster sponsorships too, so that’s a pretty significant win too.

On the other hand, we simply don’t know how much City were bothered about the 23? points we didn’t win on. If we decide that we only put them in to muddy the waters, then those people will deem it a huge win.

The PL are probably delighted that most of their rulings were declared sound, at least in principle, and so they can suggest that they won most things and so are happy too.

Ultimately, I think City will benefit more from the judgment, but I can see how in litigation terms that both sides are happy with most of the outcome.

What I don’t get is other teams’ fans trying to suggest the outcome is best for them. For the most part it isn’t!
I don't see how the PL will be delighted to find out their rules were illegal, they need a rewrite and they may have to pay compensation ?

As a City fan, I’m delighted that we’ve won the aspects of the case we seem to have wanted to win. It gives us the opportunity to attempt to get our higher sponsorships through.

The rules still in place will likely prevent Newcastle from declaring monster sponsorships too, so that’s a pretty significant win too.

On the other hand, we simply don’t know how much City were bothered about the 23? points we didn’t win on. If we decide that we only put them in to muddy the waters, then those people will deem it a huge win.

The PL are probably delighted that most of their rulings were declared sound, at least in principle, and so they can suggest that they won most things and so are happy too.

Ultimately, I think City will benefit more from the judgment, but I can see how in litigation terms that both sides are happy with most of the outcome.

What I don’t get is other teams’ fans trying to suggest the outcome is best for them. For the most part it isn’t!

Plain ignorant/stupid, jealousy, tribal bias , awaiting mental assessment and treatment.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.