City launch legal action against the Premier League | City win APT case (pg901)

You could sort of understand if City were winning the league by 15-20 points every season, but we have provided the football world and the PL itself with more frequent and exciting title races and final days than had previously ever been seen in English football history.

The PL should be loving us coming along in the manner we have.

City have been absolutely fantastic for the PL brand but they’ve sided with the Redshirts and are fucking it up themselves.

If we would have fucked off after the Aguero moment and added the odd cup but came a valiant runner up to a redshirt we would have been loved. We would also have had to endure the " That proves money doesn't buy success." And " Pep has learned his style doesn't work in the premier league" snide digs as well.

It so funny watching the Premier League and all the red cartel fans basically trying to say city are ruining football and cheating while at the same time trying to say the won a case that they have clearly lost.

This is a pre curser for the 115 case.
They will win a few non co-operation points and act like we have been found guilty of the whole lot.
They will proclaim us to be cheats, while completely missing the point we will get zero punishment other than the non co-operation fine.

1) They have to 'prove' we are guilty, much like the fair market value assessment. They cant just think we are in the same way they think our etihad deal is inflated with zero evidence.

2) The precedence has been set now with Leicester and now this, with the the premier league rules being found to be 'unlawful'. Dont think this wont hang over the other case. The panel will feel more comfortable finding us innocent now its been proven the premier league do not operate within their own rules.

This will now embolden the club moving forwards to take a more hard line approach.
About time!!!

Agree wholeheartedly with the first part but City were never (and couldn't for that matter) issue any comments whatsoever beforehand. You can't complain that UEFA for instance can't keep their mouths shut and then go making statements randomly. They've always held counsel until they deem the time is right. It's called class.
Yes, you're right but it just kind of annoys me still that we were all fighting their corner & it would have been nice to have had some vocal support rom the club now and again. But you're right, they weren't able to do that for obvious reasons

It's ridiculous that some don't see this as a simple City win which it surely is?
As a City fan, I’m delighted that we’ve won the aspects of the case we seem to have wanted to win. It gives us the opportunity to attempt to get our higher sponsorships through.

The rules still in place will likely prevent Newcastle from declaring monster sponsorships too, so that’s a pretty significant win too.

On the other hand, we simply don’t know how much City were bothered about the 23? points we didn’t win on. If we decide that we only put them in to muddy the waters, then those people will deem it a huge win.

The PL are probably delighted that most of their rulings were declared sound, at least in principle, and so they can suggest that they won most things and so are happy too.

Ultimately, I think City will benefit more from the judgment, but I can see how in litigation terms that both sides are happy with most of the outcome.

What I don’t get is other teams’ fans trying to suggest the outcome is best for them. For the most part it isn’t!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.