City launch legal action against the Premier League | City win APT case (pg901)

The q of have we won really depends on people’s theory of won.

Are we in a better place than before, yes.

Are we in a better place than before these rules started, no

For the PL

Are the rules allowed, no

Are the rules allowed once changed, yes?

I think it is this second question here which is grey, PL think yes with the right changes and City’s letter kind of says the same but with a lot more careful consideration as opposed to the quick tweak here PL are claiming.

There is middle ground on this as well as possible damages.

It’s great preparation for the 115, as there won’t be a clean victor in that one either.

FOR THE ABOVE REASONS WE, SIR NIGEL TEARE, CHRISTOPHER VAJDA KC AND LORD DYSON HEREBY AWARD AND DECLARE:

(i) that the APT Rules are unlawful
(ii) that the Amended APT Rules are unlawful
(iii) that APT Rules and the Amended APT Rules are unlawful
(iv) that the PL’s decision with regard to the EAG Transaction was reached in a procedurally unfair manner and must be set aside
(v) that the PL’s decision with regard to the FAB Transaction was reached in a procedurally unfair manner and must be set aside
(vi) that in making its decision with regard to the FAB Transaction there was an unreasonable delay
(vii) that in making its decision with regard to the EP Transaction there was an unreasonable delay

I'm certainly no expert on financial law but if I'm reading this correct:
- APT rules and the Amended APT rules are unlawful.
- The decision to block a couple of sponsorship was unfair and must be set aside.

PL on the other hand is proved to on several points acted unlawful, unfair and unreasonable.

Thats the verdict.
People can have different views on how to interpret this verdict, but I fail to see how this can be seen as anything but a monumental failure for PL. They are, in the eyes of the public, suppose to be the lawful, fair and reasonable governing body for their members and a multi billion pound industry. This verdict ruled that they have in fact acted in the exact opposite way. They might try to spin it as "from a legal point of view, we won on several points", but the point is that the public and their members should expect them to act lawful, fair and reasonable on ALL occasions. If a police officer is being accused of 27 points of corruption, and "only" convicted of 7, he is still corrupt. Even if he, if he had the PL/Pranja/MagicHats mindset, probably would see it as a win and some sort of twisted vindication not being convicted of all of them.

Last edited:

Don't know if anyone could shed any light on this.

Interesting that the tramps and spurs representatives will meet her.

I wonder why?

Like Martin Samuel, coz he backs us. Don't like Stefan coz with our limited understanding and his gig on talk sport it appears he is not telling us what we wanna hear, like Martin. It's a football forum. The conclusion will not be decided here.

I'm hoping there is more to come out but we're keeping that in reserve for our present ongoing 115 case.
It would be quite delicious if we had proof that Masters and his redshirt cronies colluded to stitch us and probably Newcastle up. Also that shitehouse clubs like Bournemouth and Brentford were given sweeteners to side with them.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.