City launch legal action against the Premier League | City win APT case (pg901)

Our general counsel Simon Cliff today stated that in the clubs opinion all of the APT rules are void and have been since 2021.
So it matters not a fuck if it's one two or twenty if the clubs position is correct.
‘All Void’ yes, but not ‘all unlawful’.

And besides the panel’s release doesn’t say it was all unlawful.

It’s one word that you missed, that you seem to be wanting to play ‘gotcha!’ with the surrounding quote. Even spending time (albeit quickly with Google), locating the ‘offending’ quote from the past - which is to be applauded, fact checking - but still missing the nuance of ‘all’.

As previously mentioned , it’s bizarre, Slbsn was on TS before/during the release of City’s press statement, but you seem to want him to have had prior knowledge of the content or the way things were panning out in private since City & the PL were privately informed of the hearings results. He’s not got those deep contacts (afaik), that the excellent @tolmie's hairdoo and certain journalists have with City.

What are you wanting slbsn to come out with? Opinions based on hope and desire , or opinions based on the publicly known facts of the time?

Edit: just seen Ric’s post that arrived between reading Rabby post and my reply. Sorry. I’ll shut up on the subject.

First of all we are a key member of this PL so the City's desire for change is to be considered against that backdrop. Second, the "enemies" in the room haven't changed - they will be the parties voting on new rules. Third it is clear the tree is standing on PSR, FMV and APT (of some sort). There is simply no basis to think the clubs will agree no regulation and nor would we want that. We are at the top table.

So we are fighting around the edges by definition and assisted by law which is inherently uncertain on complex and evolving areas of sport and competition law and the interaction. Even if the PL no longer existed, do you really think the Super League teams would not largely replicate the UEFA and or the PL regime on financial restrictions? Of course they would. City most likely want a wholesale change of the leadership of the PL - that is understandable given the allegations made against them but we are still part of this family and all successes in cases like this have to be contextualised in the sense that we need the PL to succeed for our own success.
To be fair to you I'm stunned you've come on here. It's not a place for reason at the moment. It needs time to settle.......

Anyone heard from Wyness.
I'm scared to check as the last time I did he kept popping up on my phone for the best part of a month

It's been eye-opening on here today to see some of the guff posted. People turning on one of the people who has been the most supportive and defensive of City against the flood of non-stop negative tirade about our great club in the last year or so. Bloody embarrassing to read such ill-informed pap from certain posters, should be ashamed of themselves.

I’ve only just caught up. Some of us have been working since 5am.

I bring lots to this forum, not just breaking news. :-)

But is it fizzling out? Of course it isn’t. Current page 1221.
I know you do pal, your work on the redevelopment threads and photos is invaluable.

I just mean the thread is slowing down for now until we have some further news, or a response from elsewhere etc.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.