City launch legal action against the Premier League | City win APT case (pg901)

I mean, what a reach that is. Chief football correspondent. Not even sure I should give any attention to the clown.

Basically shits on every fan of the club, basically saying City could disappear and nobody would give a fuck. Talk about protecting the game for the fans whilst clearly forgetting about the fans of this club.

A really pathetic piece.

A bit like racists telling a minority who don’t like being abused that they should leave the country.

As a City fan, I’m delighted that we’ve won the aspects of the case we seem to have wanted to win. It gives us the opportunity to attempt to get our higher sponsorships through.

The rules still in place will likely prevent Newcastle from declaring monster sponsorships too, so that’s a pretty significant win too.

On the other hand, we simply don’t know how much City were bothered about the 23? points we didn’t win on. If we decide that we only put them in to muddy the waters, then those people will deem it a huge win.

The PL are probably delighted that most of their rulings were declared sound, at least in principle, and so they can suggest that they won most things and so are happy too.

Ultimately, I think City will benefit more from the judgment, but I can see how in litigation terms that both sides are happy with most of the outcome.

What I don’t get is other teams’ fans trying to suggest the outcome is best for them. For the most part it isn’t!
You know the answer, this board is awash and has been for years with financial stuff.

City fans are more knowledgeable on rules & regulations, FFP, PSR etc than anyother.

Your average footie fans just says we're guilty of 115, it was other things, in fact whatever the MSM tells them we're guilty of and have absolutely no idea what we've just turned over or the ramifications for football in general or their club.....yeah but 115 etc.

I mean, what a reach that is. Chief football correspondent. Not even sure I should give any attention to the clown.

Basically shits on every fan of the club, basically saying City could disappear and nobody would give a fuck. Talk about protecting the game for the fans whilst clearly forgetting about the fans of this club.

A really pathetic piece.

If the Premier League have been exposed for introducing rules that are illegal why don't Masters and the rest of the PL hierarchy do the honourable thing and resign en masse?

Answer that Cuntingham.

The key phrase there is "the rules are easily fixable"

This is an assumption of the writer and clearly a partial view point.

It should have said the PL thinks these are easily fixable.

It's not a balanced viewpoint because of this assumption.

I am surprised Stefan didn't pick this up. But perhaps he didn't want to, as the article backs his position?

Despite the attempts to sensationalise, it seems the Nandy meeting with “some PL clubs” was already scheduled to discuss Government Regulation and the forthcoming enabling bill. No doubt that will be the subject under discussion, although I’d expect the APT dispute to be raised. To me, it strengthens the case for Government Regulation and better transparency. The PL is a basket case.

I think there’s a seismic wave going around. You can feel the energy and if pl doesn’t smell the coffee asap and settle this internally , than the worms will be impossible to handle .

Btw I need to re stock my popcorn

Any accountants out there want to amend the last 3 years cartel accounts taking into account the unlawful loans? Points deductions anyone??
Not sure United or Liverpool have a shareholder loan, but I could be wrong on the latter.

Arsenal certainly have one of ~£250m, so based on a fair interest payback, you'd expect £20m a year in interest wiped off each year's PBT.

I have enjoyed seeing those people claim that its straight forward enough to just convert debt to equity, as if an owner is just going to agree with that. There's a reason they wanted it recognised as debt in the first place, and it's not a guarantee that they'd just convert to equity. I saw Stefan say there's a little more paperwork involved in the conversion, but there's a little more to it than that ie the reversal of equity is more difficult for the owner, as well as equity holders being the last to be paid out if the shit hits the fan (so additional risk attached to equity holdings)

With debt you can hold it against an asset such as the stadium, you can put covenants in place etc

If anyone thinks there's not a genuine reason why an owner wants it recognised as debt instead of equity then they're very naive

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.