City launch legal action against the Premier League | City win APT case (pg901)

I know but if you look at the dates it dragged on for about eight months. I think it was first submitted on Nov 17 2023 but not resolved till April 25 2024. Perhaps the Judges thought the timescale was justified. The sluggish progress makes painful reading. How can any business operate if it has to wait such a long period for an important investment. The Emirates Palace was bizarre. The PL dragged their feet for months and then approved it as being fair value. What a bloody farce. Masters is a lunatic.

Yes the judges thought the timescale was justified for the Etihad one, not for the other two.

I found the Etihad deal bit slightly uncomfortable reading tbh, some of it justified why the APT rules are probably needed.

After reading all 175 pages I am more convinced that City have played a blinder in the face of a hostile and malicious organisation. The way the club has been treated during this long-running dirty tricks campaign is appalling. The Judges, as they always do, have applied the letter of the law but the tone used in their final summary (ignored by some of the media) tells you everything about this case. The PL has become a poisonous organisation. It is not fit to regulate football because it has been corrupted by the influence of some Club Directors. The fact that Arsenal apparently drafted the new APT regulations which exempted interest free loans is incredible. Though it is redacted in the papers I suspect Arsenal were also the ones leading the 11 other clubs who tried to undermine Newcastle United aided and abetted by Richard Masters. Who is going to launch an investigation into the Premier League?

have you got a link to it as I can't find one and i'd like to read all of it, one or two pages that everyone is quoting seems to brush things under the carpet somewhat

Some of the stuff in that document is unbelievable. A collective madness has taken over the PL. Their job is to encourage investment into football not to behave like the Gestapo. There was a long wrangle over whether the new Etihad deal was above "fair market value." The Judges agreed with the PL and eventually ruled that it was above market value. Presumably because the Judges were allowed to see how the PL had used the database to make their conclusion. But City were not allowed to see how Nielsen (acting for the PL) had arrived at their figures. Think about it. City were not allowed to accept external investment for their own business on the say-so of a group of PL appointed officials and City were not even allowed to discuss the details of the decision. Remember none of this is illegal. This is financial insanity. The Government needs to intervene urgently to stop this insanity which is damaging the UK economy.
Not read it but are you saying the judges who have just done this case ruled our sponsorship was over valued

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.