City launch legal action against the Premier League | City win APT case (pg901)

Not read it but are you saying the judges who have just done this case ruled our sponsorship was over valued
Yes. They agreed with the PL decison on the Etihad (EAG) deal. City had challenged the "unfair process" but we lost that particular challenge. However i think the biggest issue was the delay in the process and City were not allowed to see how the PL had arrived at the decision from using the database.

I've been asleep and not following and this is getting hard to track. Just spoke to my in law he said he's read that 11 clubs have said they will vote against as they have owner loans...anyone heard this if so please provide the link?
Vote against what exactly? Currently there is nothing to vote on, I think your in law is jumping to conclusions-nothing regarding a future vote has been reported on.

Assume they’ll provide us with the benchmarking analysis and the databank and then it’s on us to make an argument.

I doubt we’ll be able to argue they’re at FMV as a consequence of getting that to be honest, which is partly why I don’t see it as a big win on those decisions as much as others.
Don't the PL now have to prove sponsorships are not FMV, and not the club's to argue they are?

City have lost nothing as they had nothing to lose. The rules were already in place. The worst position that City could have been in post any judgement was the status quo remained.
As we sit here now, City are in a better position than they were previously, where as the premier league are up shit creek. The premier league rules have also been labelled unlawful, unfair and unreasonable. City can now claim for damages.
The media can spin it however they like. The simple fact is that it City who will be going to bed with smiles on their faces tonight, while Richard Masters will be having nightmares.
Maybe Stefan is the cartels favourite for the Masters post!!

Only kidding kidder

Even with that, it’s not going to change. The only way they’ll ditch the APT rules altogether is if clubs can’t agree on a new lawful version of them and given the challenges that failed, there’s not that much they need to change. I still think they’ll find it difficult though.
In the process of trying to satisfy the Red Top Mafia, the PL are killing the goose that laid the golden egg. This much is now glaringly obvious to all outside of those who stand to gain from the witch hunt against City.

As I said to a Rag today, even if City were illiminated from the PL, ManUre would STILL only be 13th. If they spent more time concentrating on their own affairs, they'd be better off for it. It's pretty sad that they'd rather beat City down, than lift themselves up.

We're now at such a low point of trust, that I believe only IREF can save English football. What that Rag failed to acknowledge is that FFP & APT directly affected City more than any other club, & he refused to accept there was any underhanded motives behind their introduction.

City are merely asking for even-handed fairness, but the legacy clubs would rather see us dead than accept the new reality. Regardless of what the PL do from here on in, there is too much mistrust for there ever to be peace between them & City.

It's time to disband the PL's leadership structure & bring in a truly independent regulator.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.