City launch legal action against the Premier League | City win APT case (pg901)

I have quickly read the whole judgement. I came away with the impression that the tribunal were over sympathetic to the PL in some areas such as the use of Nielsen alone, and their view that there was no bias. I think that is not the end of those matters and while the decisions of the tribunal are binding, there is nothing to stop City arguing about their application if the club is in dispute with the PL over future APTs. I am still not clear over how the PL decide that a transaction is Associated. It seems to me the PL take the view that Mansour is so influential that ALL AbuDhabi companies constitute an Association. Can anybody give an example of how Mansour has influenced a company of which he is not a director or officer?

Last edited:
City’s letter is clearly designed to encourage clubs not to vote in favour of any hastily cobbled together new rules. If the PL try and fail to get 14 votes, they are truly in the shit.

Then they will have to put forward a vote that does get a majority, like shall we scrap APTs? Only takes a block of seven clubs standing firm.

As I said though, they will be lobbying for votes and won't put a motion forward until they have them, I imagine. They are already saying no vote next week, aren't they?

Good man. Need another?
There'll be more. The pragmatists won't vote for something they know will be challenged again. Only the zealots would consider it, and I'm not sure even they would see railroading something through as a good idea. It won't come to a vote until it's watertight this time (if at all), and has City's assurances that they won't take it back to court..

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.