City launch legal action against the Premier League | City win APT case (pg901)

I was told this week, by a reliable source who deals with senior PL officials regularly, that many of them are appalled at the way Masters has been manipulated by the red cartel, and are very sympathetic to us.

He doesn't even have the confidence of his own senior managers. Why aren't all these well-connected journalists reporting this?
I'm surprised no journalist has dug into the prior applicants for Masters job, particularly the ones offered or appointed to it that quickly walked away. I suppose confidentiality agreements or just professional discretion may prevent getting to the bottom of it, but I'm sure there is at least one intriguing story to be told.

The city hate is so strong they want us gone.

United will once again win everything and all will be warm, cosy and fair. Just as it always was before city showed up.
Us gone will promote United from 14th to 13th! Fact-the only people that think United are still relevant are people on Bluemoon!

The cartel have always wielded this imaginary power. They’ve always implied that the league is nothing without them. Other teams have been scared to rock the boat in fear of losing the red cartel. This imaginary power was shown to be utter horse shit the moment they announced the ESL and the people rose up against them. That moment would have given any competent PL leader the necessary indication that actually, the cartel are nowhere near as powerful as they think they are. Not Masters, the fucking backboneless piece of shit. Straight back to doing as he was told.
Being a spineless twat was probably the prerequisite to successfully getting the job. Masters knows his brief, & that was to get City & protect the Cartel at all costs.

I suppose in that respect, he's been the success the Red Top Mafia hoped he'd be.

You are mixing up the test required that the decision could be overturned with the evidential basis for arriving at that decision. If it was an educational examination then the balance of probabilities would be the form that the exam took (e.g.multiple choice) the test would be the required pass mark (expressed as a percentage). The two matters are both necessary and discrete. The question the panel must ask is, based on the evidence before us, is it more likely than not that the PL acted in a way that no reasonable board acting reasonably would have made?

I did not say the test was Wesnesbury unreasonable, I clearly said it was analogous.

That test is (correctly) crafted to avoid endless challenges to most decisions made by public authorities and underlines the very wide discretion they have to make those decisions even when they are wrong. Without it public authorities would be crippled in making decisions.

My point (which you have conspicuously failed to appreciate) is that within the rules the PL have huge powers of discretion when it comes to FMV. We cannot complain about that because it is a core rule. To characterise it as a loophole, as with the limitation periods, is to fail to appreciate how contracts operate. All parties wound have been aware of the operation of this rule at the outset.
I'm really not sure what justifies the disparaging tone.

You've linked Wednesbury with "balance of probabilities". I'm arguing that if a decision was such that no reasonable person could have made it, then that can't be decided on a balance of probability because that would mean it was not certain that no reasonable person could have made the decision. (I read that three times to see if it made sense.) I'd be happy to see something cited that combines Wednesbury and balance of probability (rather than balance of reasons).

But is Wednesbury the test the Tribunal applied? Wednesbury was mentioned only in citing another case that did involve a public authority (the Competition Commission). The Tribunal cites the principle (and rejected City's argument that no reasonable board could have done what the PL Board did) but in the end seems to have accepted that it is not for the PL to prove that their FMV assessment was reasonable, but for City to prove it was unreasonable (and in that City failed). Now presumably that was decided on the balance of probability!

i wait for the post saying the plug has been pulled on the 115, i do think this will happen sooner than later
it couldve already been pulled for all we know they sat on this verdict 2 weeks. saying hearing going to last ten to twelve weeks then done in four would maked them look even more stupid

These same TV companies have openly paid ex pundits & journalists to slaughter City & call us cheats. Once on the centre of the Etihad pitch in front of match going fans & watching viewers. They could & should have had the foresight to see what was going on but there been so far up the red cartels arse they watched on baying for blood.
It was always gonna take time for broadcasters to adjust to a new normal. City weren't the blip they were expecting, but time & market forces will be making them sniff the coffee & wake up.

There are kids across the globe walking the streets wearing City shirts with Haaland, KDB, Rodri, Foden & Gvardiol on the back. This new generation couldn't give a shit what football was like during Granddad's day, when we watched The Big Match on a Black & white telly.

Diminishing City & defending the cartel has just become plain stupid. The only things they have left is their cunning FFP, PSR & APT plans, & praying Guardiola quits & fucks off back to Spain. The rot in football has set in so deep, that only major surgery will cure the issues football is facing imo...

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.