City launch legal action against the Premier League | City win APT case (pg901)

Ian Wright seems to pride himself on being ‘woke,’ which if I am not mistaken also means he supports those who are discriminated against. Not so f**kin Woke as he thinks he is!

Maybe but at the moment the regulations attempt to stifle owners who wish to build up strong, stable clubs while doing nothing whatsoever about owners such as the Glazers. Are you defending the present regulations, sizeable parts of which are unlawful and which do create a world in which the Glazers, but not their club, can prosper?

No. I was saying that clubs aren't normal businesses, so the same rules shouldn't apply. The Glazers showed that what we consider 'normal' in business, can in fact be pretty parasitic. Businesses are allowed to invest to grow, but the flip side is that plenty fail and go bust - something we clearly don't want.

Football isn't full of responsible, super wealthy owners, who act like custodians, rather than shareholders. It's a system built to have winners and losers, and if we did simply allow it to run like any other industry, then it would get messed up pretty quickly.

And just to be clear, I'm not suggesting that the current system works, or that City haven't been screwed over by the 'istory clubs. I'm just saying that it's not like 'any other industry'.

Why? Didn't the PL win?
Agree.

The PL has seen itself as untouchable and has simply convinced it's members that it is a above the legal regs..

This hubris has recently been exposed by our owners who have been targeted by a PL believing it's own rule making.

They (the PL) continue believing public opinion trumps legality.

We shall see.

Long story but I was out in Luton with some mates years ago one of which was playing for Luton at the time and we bumped into some Luton players in a pub and Wright was with them, anyway I asked him if he’d wanted a drink to which he laughed and turned the offer down so I told him to stop being a big time Charlie fucking ****.

Ian Wright is just saying whatever the Arsenal and PL brass want him to say.

He is not a serious commentator on proceedings and no one should pay any attention to his comments.
So the thick **** is blasting to the world that he is on gooners and pl payroll?

Sky will be concerned the way it’s going with all the legal fighting and KCs finding competition laws unlawfull.Like it or not in my opinion we are heading for a Super League and legally they
won’t be able to stop it.Hence Sky concern they would loose broadcasting rights of probably the best Leauge definitely the best players in the world playing in it.Players not playing so often but for more money.The house is ready to fall down and others outside this country are watching and waiting.I think you can ignore what happened last time football is changing quickly and those running it can’t see it.
And the new Champions League format is firmly establishing the roots of the European Super League.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.