City launch legal action against the Premier League | City win APT case (pg901)

No. I was saying that clubs aren't normal businesses, so the same rules shouldn't apply. The Glazers showed that what we consider 'normal' in business, can in fact be pretty parasitic. Businesses are allowed to invest to grow, but the flip side is that plenty fail and go bust - something we clearly don't want.

Football isn't full of responsible, super wealthy owners, who act like custodians, rather than shareholders. It's a system built to have winners and losers, and if we did simply allow it to run like any other industry, then it would get messed up pretty quickly.

And just to be clear, I'm not suggesting that the current system works, or that City haven't been screwed over by the 'istory clubs. I'm just saying that it's not like 'any other industry'.
Unfortunately over recent years we have seen a growing tendency towards greater regulation, particularly financial, and I have to say that the authorities have made a pretty rotten job of it. The authorities, or the cartel, or whoever are so scared that very rich owners will dominate football at the expense of the "traditional" elite that they have missed, or do not wish to see that these clubs have manipulated the PL into a series of regulations that ensure that super wealthy owners cannot use their wealth to grow and improve their clubs. The regulations also enable owners to take money out of their clubs and the game, load their clubs with debt and generally run it unlike any other industry. The paradox is that, although football is not just like any other business football clubs have to be much more business like than they were some 20 years ago. And this is what the regulations rule out. City's lawyers have struck the first blow against this insidious, dishonest regime and helped take the first step back to sanity. It won't be perfect but it will be a lot better and a lot more honest ... and lawful. So I still believe that your original post describes exactly the kind of owners who belong not in any other business but in the PL. The regulations do not protect football or owners "who act like custodians" but the kind of owners who should not be allowed within a million miles of any English club.

Managed to catch a bit of the overlap and that Ian wright is a proper ****. He ranted about city need to stay in line with the rules, this is what happens when clubs are owned by states blah blah blah. It took Roy Keane to add a sense of balance. Gary was trying to be Simon Jordan with well thought out responses but his mouth betrayed him per usual due to the hate.

That Ian wright tho is a fucking wanker.
He really is such a special ****

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.