City launch legal action against the Premier League | City win APT case (pg901)

It was a brilliant atmosphere that day.
It was and very, very angry at the end. I would not have wanted to have been a Palace fan not that I heard of any bother towards them. The very weak ref was coined if I remember correctly.

When Lakey broke the deadlock after about an hour I thought here we go...we are on our way....

Palace were niggly before, but a switch went in them and became extremely nasty and intimidatory to our young lads and Eric Nixon. Bright particularly with his studs up. The likes of Pardew (never been a footballer) but they were all at it. Must have been a clear instruction from Coppell.

At the time I didn't blame Eric Nixon, but clearly he was stupid.

I hated that Palace side.

A couple of years later, I once asked a close friend who his Everton team were playing that weekend,and he memorably replied "We've got a fight with Crystal Palace." Still amuses me what he said and how he said it.

Vile team.

Thing is many years later I wrote an article for a Palace fanzine called One More Point. I gave the article the title "A team called Malice" and made a new friend in the editor - an enduring friendship. Even went to Stockport with him when Dougie Freedman scored a stoppage time equaliser to keep Palace up on the last day. Never had a beef with their fans.

Coppell's team of long ball scufflers and dirty cheats are quite another matter.

Oh, almost forgot. Ian Wright is a ****.

Last edited:
United fans used to always brag that they only spent what they earnt - a complete lie of course if you look at their figures from 1989 when they embarked on what was, at the time, an unprecedented spending spree - yet they’ve just posted a £100m plus loss in their latest set of accounts, whereas we’re now posting profits year after year, and winning shit loads of trophies to boot.

Relatively speaking, considering the revenues at their disposal, they’re literally the worst run club on the planet.
It’s not even close.

They didn't bank on Pep staying as long as he has, the media thought that he'd walk away after 5 years with the political pressure that the club is under, that has gone ten fold ever since it became apparent he was going to totally destroy United and Liverpool's chances of ever gaining a real foothold on the league anytime soon, all by spending less money than them as well.

If they’d have given him the credit he deserved & stopped trying to destroy his body or work he’d have fucked off years ago.

The bit i can't fathom is related to Roman Abramovich.
When he bought Chelsea they had more money than you would ever spend on football.
He could spend literally whatever he wanted.
And to be fair, he did.
As i remember it, the media, by and large, loved the Chelsea story.
Football didn't bring in rules to target Chelsea (as far as i'm aware).
Football didn't end.
So why is City's wealth being treated so differently to Chelsea's wealth.

City aren't going to spend ridiculous amounts.
We don't. Just look at the net spend table over the last 10 years.
Pretty sure Newcastle won't either (a splurge to get their act together sure but so what).

ps. For any lurking Chelsea fans, I have no problem at all with the Chelsea money story.
The cartel clubs accommodated Chelsea's new found wealth and top tier status by granting a 4th place champions league spot. The arrival of Mansour sent them all into a tailspin hence the creation of all the financial regulations.

Delaney says:

" There is simply exasperation at the manner that the club have gone against the very idea of the Premier League. Rivals are furious that City’s owners bought into the competition in the knowledge of what it was, aware of the rules"

But Miguel top tier football in England is controlled by the Premier League, if City wanted to participate, what choice did they have but to agree the Cartel rules? Which were then changed "by the majority' to be deliberately stacked against them.

Delaney continues;

"City are instead the first to take a case of this nature, and decide that they don’t need the rules to apply to them."

No Miguel, we have taken the case to prove that the rules as being applied against us were unlawful, unfair and unreasonable. And we proved that, irrefutably. A word you'll hopefully hear again very soon with regard to the 115 BS.

On that basis he would have no issue with the PL abolishing FFP, PSR and APT rules given they did not exist at the time our owners came in.

Eric Nixon got Eric Nixon sent off.

It was the other stuff that day that was going on, Both were ruffing up the city defence and keeper.
Then they were going down rolling about and diving trying to get somebody sent off, Palace was well known for it and Eric Nixon just stood his ground and Mark Bright ran straight at him.

The Referee was on the take and gave them everything and the City players just lost the plot. Even Paul Lake blew his top and was normally Mr cool

It was and very, very angry at the end. I would not have wanted to have been a Palace fan not that I heard of any bother towards them. The very weak ref was coined if I remember correctly.

When Lakey broke the deadlock after about an hour I thought here we go...we are on our way....

Palace were niggly before, but a switch went in them and became extremely nasty and intimidatory to our young lads and Eric Nixon. Bright particularly with his studs up. The likes of Pardew (never been a footballer) but they were all at it. Must have been a clear instruction from Coppell.

At the time I didn't blame Eric Nixon, but clearly he was stupid.

I hated that Palace side.

A couple of years later, I once asked a close friend who his Everton team were playing that weekend,and he memorably replied "We've got a fight with Crystal Palace." Still amuses me what he said and how he said it.

Vile team.

Thing is many years later I wrote an article for a Palace fanzine called "A team called Malice" and made a new friend in the editor of One More Point. Even went to Stockport with him when Dougie Freedman scored a stoppage time equaliser to keep Palace up on the last day. Never had a beef with their fans.

Coppell's team of long ball scufflers and dirty cheats are quite another matter.

Oh, almost forgot. Ian Wright is a ****.
After an iffy start to that season we’d been on a superb run whuch started (iirc) with our first away win in over a year at Bradford. Then we scored 16 goals in two games in November. We also beat a great Forest team 3-0 in the League Cup as part of that run.

The Palace game marked the end of that run and we spluttered for the rest of the season.

Was in the Kippax and it was certainly limbs for Lake’s goal, and like everyone else I was incandescent with the sending off in the heat of the moment, but upon further (and more mature) reflection Nixon was rope-a-doped into that dismissal.

Those six or so weeks up to Palace scoring are still among my favourites as a City fan. The bulk of that team was about the same age as me and after half a decade of being pretty shit it felt like a new exciting chapter as a Blue.

And sorry to piss on your chips but I actually don’t mind Wright, and I sat next to Mark Bright (and Michelle Gayle) once at a wedding reception in 2005 and he was great company. Didn’t mention that game though!

It was the other stuff that day that was going on, Both were ruffing up the city defence and keeper.
Then they were going down rolling about and diving trying to get somebody sent off, Palace was well known for it and Eric Nixon just stood his ground and Mark Bright ran straight at him.

The Referee was on the take and gave them everything and the City players just lost the plot. Even Paul Lake blew his top and was normally Mr cool
Yes, I was there, but he did more than stand his ground, mate.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.