City launch legal action against the Premier League | City win APT case (pg901)

Have met all of them too (all twice except Redmond) and the only one I felt was a bit cold was Lake. Maybe he was having a shit day on both occupations (which happens) or I said or did something to piss him off. It’s been known to happen!

He’s always come across articulate and sound when I’ve seen him interviewed so I expect it was just my perception.

Never meet your heroes, they say!

And get well soon :-)

Thanks mate. Not sure but I think you may have hit on something. I suppose of all of them Lakey was the more distant without being rude or obnoxious at all whereas White, Brightwell and Redders were engaging and friendly. Really felt for David White after what he's experienced and football has certainly

Last edited:
Yes, I was in the Kippax too mate, towards that (Platt Lane) end as well, and went mental too, but I have subsequently concluded that it was a sending off. Nixon extended his arm; he says in self defence, but he could have just stepped out of the way. Ref had no choice, assuming he saw that.

I agree that they were both at it, but that doesn’t alter the fact that it was a sending off.

Steve Redmond went in nets and was fuckimg awful. No Bobby Mac or Niall Quinn that’s for sure!
Redders just stood there for that pen. He was bloody awful!

I’d like to see us embark on a scorched earth policy with a view to easing off when (and only when) there are meaningful concessions. We’ve gone along with them too long, even signing up to some of their shite rules FFS. We’ve won the first round, now let’s put our boots on their scrawny throats. The unequivocal messsage should be “don’t ever fcuk with City again”.
Sounds like you’re channeling the original Sir Baconface! :-)

I am really torn. As you say City have been abused by UEFA and the Premier league for years and we are entitled for this witch hunt to end, probably with substantial damages. But, if we “get the knife in and start twisting “ and it results in the destruction of the Premier league where does that leave us?
To use an often worn out old cliche used over and over again….. The Moral Victors.

I am really torn. As you say City have been abused by UEFA and the Premier league for years and we are entitled for this witch hunt to end, probably with substantial damages. But, if we “get the knife in and start twisting “ and it results in the destruction of the Premier league where does that leave us?
Set fire to the rain City, and see where it takes us.

"Once & FOR ALL"

Khaldoon al Mubarak.

Thanks mate. Not sure but I think you may have hit on something. I suppose of all of them Lakey was the more distant without being rude or obnoxious at all whereas White, Bright and Redders were engaging and friendly. Really felt for David White after what he's experienced and football has certainly
Yes, who could have imagined back then what a tortured childhood he had :-(

The BBC have a way of watering things down.

What they actually meant to say was;

"Unlawful, unlawful, unlawful, unfair, unfair, unreasonable, unreasonable. The seven conclusions of the arbitration panel governing Manchester City’s case against the Premier League make for sobering reading."

The BBC are now worse than useless.

I don't know who said it but it really sums them up...

If one person says it's raining and another says it is not, then their job is not to report both sides views equally but to look out the window and report whether or not it is fucking raining!

Both sides of an argument being given equal weight is pathetic journalism and has contributed hugely to Brexit, the Farage Riots and having 5 Fascist reform MP's in the House of Commons today.
Good post but you have not stated clearly whether it was raining or not.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.