City launch legal action against the Premier League | City win APT case (pg901)

David Miller, writing in the same paper, went even further: “The, at times insane, level of physical commitment in challenging for the ball made it inevitable that players would be hurt.”

However, it was Sheffield Wednesday’s Mark Bright who was clearly the worst offender. Bright’s blatant and forceful elbow broke Andy Linighan’s nose in the first half. The referee saw the incident, but decided that a yellow card was the appropriate punishment - perhaps taking into account the general level of low level violence on the pitch - and a desire to keep it 11 v 11.
He was also very blatant and forceful at helping himself to more wine at the wedding.

Have met all of them too (all twice except Redmond) and the only one I felt was a bit cold was Lake. Maybe he was having a shit day on both occupations (which happens) or I said or did something to piss him off. It’s been known to happen!

He’s always come across articulate and sound when I’ve seen him interviewed so I expect it was just my perception.

Never meet your heroes, they say!

And get well soon :-)
Personally, I’ve met Lakey and most of the guys plenty of times when I was in the Citizens Suite for a few years, I always just got the impression he was relatively shy and not an overly confident persona.

This is an important paragraph in the context of all the media talking heads and KFA fans, which Mr Lee does well to include, as it clearly includes himself as well:

‘That is one of the problems when it comes to finding answers here: a 175-page document is available to the public, but your average person (or journalist) will not have the appetite or stamina, let alone understanding, to digest it all properly.

It’s the same as happened with the CAS verdict.

People don‘t read it.

They spot a few words randomly and go with that.
At CAS it was all ‘time barred’ (but completely missing the context that those 2 words were used (ie despite being time barred , they would have adjudicated for City if they could anyway, on that singular item), and people still run with that as the be-all and end-all of the CAS verdict…
I would’ve thought it was a journalist’s duty to digest it. Just shows them up for the half-arsed, lazy, clickbait controversy shills they are. Not one grain of integrity.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.