City launch legal action against the Premier League | City win APT case (pg901)

I am really torn. As you say City have been abused by UEFA and the Premier league for years and we are entitled for this witch hunt to end, probably with substantial damages.

I think with our new aggressive approach, I would hope, and expect, we are doing this to make clear our boundaries. Continuous adversarial relationships will not serve us well.

I think with our new aggressive approach, I would hope, and expect, we are doing this to make clear our boundaries. Continuous adversarial relationships will not serve us well.
We had no options left. Whether this continues depends if the PL, and the red cartel that run it, continue to break UK law.

We had no options left. Whether this continues depends if the PL, and the red cartel that run it, continue to break UK law.

Well, we could have been more passive but I think the club was pushed too far. Our recourse to law will be our boundary setting. We have certainly made clearer our boundaries.

Call it aggressive but really all we are doing is insisting that their rules conform to UK law which is in their rules.
If they fail to check new rulings in future they are aware of the consequences so are either being deliberately provocative or acting under orders from the red cartel who may have a different agenda.

After an iffy start to that season we’d been on a superb run whuch started (iirc) with our first away win in over a year at Bradford. Then we scored 16 goals in two games in November. We also beat a great Forest team 3-0 in the League Cup as part of that run.

The Palace game marked the end of that run and we spluttered for the rest of the season.

Was in the Kippax and it was certainly limbs for Lake’s goal, and like everyone else I was incandescent with the sending off in the heat of the moment, but upon further (and more mature) reflection Nixon was rope-a-doped into that dismissal.

Those six or so weeks up to Palace scoring are still among my favourites as a City fan. The bulk of that team was about the same age as me and after half a decade of being pretty shit it felt like a new exciting chapter as a Blue.

And sorry to piss on your chips but I actually don’t mind Wright, and I sat next to Mark Bright (and Michelle Gayle) once at a wedding reception in 2005 and he was great company. Didn’t mention that game though!
I don't mind Ian Wright either but as of the last 18 months he has done nothing but show his arse about us.
Us pipping Arsenal twice has really brought out the mardarse in him that I never knew was in there. I thought he was this geezer who loved his football but he's turned into a proper little cry baby.

I would’ve thought it was a journalist’s duty to digest it. Just shows them up for the half-arsed, lazy, clickbait controversy shills they are. Not one grain of integrity.
BBC online have still not published a single line from the 175-page ATP Judges' report, not even the Judges' summary which emphasises that the PL acted illegally, unfairly, and unreasonabbly. Dan Roan managed to construct a bizarre article based on the two press releases from City and the PL. I don't understand how any news organisation can cover a legal hearing of any sort and not include the Judges' verdict.

Yes, I was in the Kippax too mate, towards that (Platt Lane) end as well, and went mental too, but I have subsequently concluded that it was a sending off. Nixon extended his arm; he says in self defence, but he could have just stepped out of the way. Ref had no choice, assuming he saw that.

I agree that they were both at it, but that doesn’t alter the fact that it was a sending off.

Steve Redmond went in nets and was fuckimg awful. No Bobby Mac or Niall Quinn that’s for sure!

You forgot the super Nigel Gleghorn

I thought the PL had won the case and just a few minor tweaks were needed to make the database more transparent. Does this mean the press release Masters signed off was pure fiction as City's legal team have suggested? Do you think the BBC should now ask their fact-checkers to examine the totally false story they ran about the result of the APT hearing?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.