City launch legal action against the Premier League | City win APT case (pg901)

Didn't the "judges" also say they found the omission of interest free loans from the owner not only to be intentional but also to be "akin to cartel price fixing". Acting is as a cartel is about as serious a violation of competition law as there is. To my mind the only course of action open to the PL is to end all the bluster, all the defiance, to ditch the cartel and begin serious negotiation with City, the other PL clubs and the tribunal to figure out some cost control measures which are fair to all and, above all else, lawful. If this is the first step it is to be commended, but there's a long way to go and much work to be done. It may mean that Masters has to have the balls to tel the cartel that they're on their own, if they can't compete that's tough but football is under a new, fairer regime. And there could be the problem of UEFA and there regulations which may/do have elements which are unlawful, but the PL has to conform to our law.

The Times are leading the way on this story. As they done pretty much since day one. But they seem to have changed their editorial position to be more sympathetic to City. Perhaps City's comms team are being more proactive. It's just speculation from me but I wonder if The Times team know what is in the emails between some Club Directors and the PL. Tolmie has suggested those emails are damaging to the PL's 115 case. Perhaps the Times (and the Mail) want to end up on the winning side. It certainly looks like they are going after Masters.

We may not like it but they are following the story and initially that pointed to us but the light has revealed the juicier story for them and it’s going after the cartel they now can see.

Call it aggressive but really all we are doing is insisting that their rules conform to UK law which is in their rules.
If they fail to check new rulings in future they are aware of the consequences so are either being deliberately provocative or acting under orders from the red cartel who may have a different agenda.
Yes, we won but the letter that followed was a bit more than just insisting they confirm. It was an attack on the PL.

I can’t really work out how that happened if the PL knew at the time it was going back to the tribunal. There’s no rational reason for them to do it.
Maybe an attempt to save face, and then try and bullshit their way out of whatever came further down the line. Masters' looking beyond incompetent now.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.