City launch legal action against the Premier League | City win APT case (pg901)

Obviously different Barristers, Lawyers, and Law firms charge different costs,

This is an extract from.the latest Vardy v Rooney court case about Rooney's legal fees and costs that Vardy challenged in the High Court, and lost this week.

You can imagine how much the APT case, and especially the 115 case is costing City and the PL.

BBC News.

The judge also rejected Vardy's claim that it had been unreasonable for Rooney to consult her barrister on 30 occasions, at a cost of nearly £500,000.
That’s approx £17,000 per consultation.

why have i got the feeling that although we are being told this has nothing to do with the 115 this is drawing the 115 into it,got a sneaking feeling that this will have a huge say in the 115, we cant see it yet , but its coming imo
The media couldn’t push it enough that this was nothing to do with 115. On the face of it is isn’t but they were overly stressing it as though they didn’t want any knock on effect at all

The number of rags who still seem to think that this was a minor win on technicalities amazes me, they have just lapped up the PL statement and accepted it as the truth. To be fair at first I was unclear who had actually won, but when you read the judgement and then see how the PL have now back tracked it is all quite clear.

If they had no real concerns, why:

Would they delay the announcement for 2 weeks
Would Masters bail out of a meeting with the sponsers, to attend to urgent business.
Arrange an emergency meeting in light of the hearing.
Would they write to the member clubs to advise changes within 10 days and then backtrack.

They are in a world of trouble here.

They have been obsessed by our legal cases for nearly two years. Having to admit defeat will destroy them. Tick-toc.

The APT rules will not be tweaked, they will simply cease to exist as any proposed tweak will mean the introduction of interest on shareholder loans counting towards PSR.

From what I can recall there are around 10 or so clubs that have shareholder loans and a vote requires 14 of the 20 clubs to agree to a rule change or proposal.

I can’t see clubs in receipt of shareholder loans voting for an introduction of interest payments so I think APT is dead in the water.

The media couldn’t push it enough that this was nothing to do with 115. On the face of it is isn’t but they were overly stressing it as though they didn’t want any knock on effect at all
its almost impossible to think that it wouldnt have a peripheral knock on effect, we have been charged by the pl and a large portion of those charges were for none cooperation in a separate trial the pl have been found guilty of breaking their own rules when it comes to TWO of our sponsorship deals, therefore acting in bad faith, the question would therefore have to be asked why would we cooperate with an organisation that has been proven to be acting in bad faith towards us.

So will we cannot directly link it, the verdict will help to sew the seeds of doubt for the 115.

Are we sure @tolmie's hairdoo wasn't just referring to the Brighton exec's email about Newcastle and APTs from the judgment?

I find it hard to believe he would know anything about any others, even though I am sure there are plenty. Would really like to be wrong, though :)
He said “emails show the PL has acted disgracefully.” I took that to mean a series of mails showing Masters being controlled by the redshirts and others, but it’s just an inference by me.

As much as I like the idea, that doesn’t sound like a realistic possibility to me.

I'm not sure about that.

Everton and Forest both received points deduction and subsequent loss of earnings based on a legally flawed system.

I think that has to be corrected.

He said “emails show the PL has acted disgracefully.” I took that to mean a series of mails showing Masters being controlled by the redshirts and others, but it’s just an inference by me.
tbf those emails may have nowt to do with the redshirts, the emails could be disgraceful in the way they dragged their feet around the 2 sponsorship deals that didnt go through

Boom!!

If we get the numbers they can't get any rules through, without huge concessions.

Things are about to get very messy for the cartel.
To be fair that works in reverse.

The first action is for the PL clubs to either agree to deal with a rule that an arbitration panel has ruled on. The PL clearly can’t apply FPT as written but at this point in time the rules remain in the PL rule book

Let’s say the proposal is to factor in soft loans retrospectively would there be 14 clubs( or 75% of those that vote) agree to that or come to that would any clubs want that risk? Even if these rules were applied retrospectively would it result in retrospective PSR charges?
Would the PL under their allowable rules grant concessions or maybe even agree to settlements without ( save to sign off the terms of agreed settlements) the need for an IC to assess?

Would it be protocol/ legal even for a club like say Ipswich to vote on an issue of this nature impacting a period when they weren’t members ?

Would the EFL be content or even able to be dragged in for teams that are now under their jurisdiction? Clubs under that jurisdiction may not be able to be sanctioned by the PL but for any appropriate years their PSR submissions would have to be reassessed impacting on their EFL numbers ?

Of course there will changes to the regulations but that was going to happen in season 24/25 as a matter of course.The various committees and hierarchy at the PL we’re already working on a set of parameters going forward.It seems probable that those new rules will deal with APT that will be given the green light

My honest belief is that clubs will be doing all sorts of transactions to either accelerate or now proceed with APT be it asset sale, sponsorship or the like maybe not Wild West but there is what 7 months left of this accounting year and way above my pay grade I wonder if clubs would be able to reopen their accounts and show any loans converted into equity retrospectively? You can certainly amend filed accounts but to what extent in this area I don’t know.

in City’s case I would imagine that there will be an award ( probably not as much as was suggested) but sorry the real game in play here isn’t this matter it’s the IC is dealing with

To be fair that works in reverse.

The first action is for the PL clubs to either agree to deal with a rule that an arbitration panel has ruled on. The PL clearly can’t apply FPT as written but at this point in time the rules remain in the PL rule book

Let’s say the proposal is to factor in soft loans retrospectively would there be 14 clubs( or 75% of those that vote) agree to that or come to that would any clubs want that risk? Even if these rules were applied retrospectively would it result in retrospective PSR charges?
Would the PL under their allowable rules grant concessions or maybe even agree to settlements without ( save to sign off the terms of agreed settlements) the need for an IC to assess?

Would it be protocol/ legal even for a club like say Ipswich to vote on an issue of this nature impacting a period when they weren’t members ?

Would the EFL be content or even able to be dragged in for teams that are now under their jurisdiction? Clubs under that jurisdiction may not be able to be sanctioned by the PL but for any appropriate years their PSR submissions would have to be reassessed impacting on their EFL numbers ?

Of course there will changes to the regulations but that was going to happen in season 24/25 as a matter of course.The various committees and hierarchy at the PL we’re already working on a set of parameters going forward.It seems probable that those new rules will deal with APT that will be given the green light

My honest belief is that clubs will be doing all sorts of transactions to either accelerate or now proceed with APT be it asset sale, sponsorship or the like maybe not Wild West but there is what 7 months left of this accounting year and way above my pay grade I wonder if clubs would be able to reopen their accounts and show any loans converted into equity retrospectively? You can certainly amend filed accounts but to what extent in this area I don’t know.

in City’s case I would imagine that there will be an award ( probably not as much as was suggested) but sorry the real game in play here isn’t this matter it’s the IC is dealing with

FPT might still be written the the pl rule book. BUT it's against the law so it's worthless and the pl can't enforce it.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.