City launch legal action against the Premier League | City win APT case (pg901)

Because our club was owned by Mike Ashley who had nothing but contempt for the supporters and was happy for the club just to finish 17th, collect the £100m for being in the premier league and get free advertising for his tat emporium.
Free advertising? Sounds like a breach of APT or FFP or whatever. Cue a 15 year retrospective investigation (or retroactive if you're in Thailand).

Ineos has strong business connections to AbuDhabi. The rags will gradually change their stance and become more sympathetic.
That may well be true eventually but the commercial side of the club is still controlled by the Glazers and they will be more concerned about retaining their annual donation to the family coffers.

I'm not sure about that.

Everton and Forest both received points deduction and subsequent loss of earnings based on a legally flawed system.

I think that has to be corrected.
In the case of Everton they significantly benefited from the non inclusion of interest free loans from their owner ( not sure about Nottingham Forest)

The APT rules will not be tweaked, they will simply cease to exist as any proposed tweak will mean the introduction of interest on shareholder loans counting towards PSR.

From what I can recall there are around 10 or so clubs that have shareholder loans and a vote requires 14 of the 20 clubs to agree to a rule change or proposal.

I can’t see clubs in receipt of shareholder loans voting for an introduction of interest payments so I think APT is dead in the water.

It's all so unnecessarily complicated isn't it? The PL has worked itself into a right mess over PSR/APT.

The thing some people are missing about retrospective action is that any PSR calculations going forward aren't retrospective, of course, so the 24/25 three year monitoring period which also includes 22/23 and 23/24, at least, will, it seems to me, all have to be calculated with fmv loan interest on soft loans. This affects Liverpool, Brighton, Arsenal and the others and, if they are already close to PSR problems, it could push them into a breach.

I think.

Possibly. :)

Wouldn't that be a shame?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.