City launch legal action against the Premier League | City win APT case (pg901)

Will City and the Premier League know whats in the 2nd part of the panels award, or will they be waiting like everyone else for it to be given?

They haven't heard arguments one way or the other I think.

Guessing they are hoping the club and the PL can put their big boy pants on and compromise. But I think that ship has sailed.

I thought the ffp rules were designed to stop clubs going to the wall? Instead they are used to push certain clubs into extinction. The ‘good’ intention went badly wrong somewhere along the line.
UEFA & the PL gave up that pretence years ago. Their intent is there in plain sight for all to see... Financial Fair Play. Fair to whom?

£1bn+ in loan debt? As long as you can make the repayments, that's fine.

Your owner's wealthy so he'll just invest his personal money & turn it into equity? Nah mate, you can only spend what you earn & you'll have to grow your club organically. Also, his team doesn't play in red.

The cartel keep picking your bones dry of any emerging talent you unearth along the way to organically challenging them? Shit happens mate... \0/

Can’t be.

As we all know, these rules were brought in to “prevent another Portsmouth”.
I wish some of the journalists wringing their hands over our victory, or our temerity at challenging the unlawful rules, would ask this question of Masters.

"You say you want to prevent another Portsmouth. But Portsmouth's problems were due to their owner recalling their loan but there is nothing in the PSRs that deal with either owner loans or long-term debt, and whether a club has the ability to repay those. So how exactly do the rules prevent another Portsmouth?"

I doubt you can challenge jurisdiction after there has been a judgment :)

The reasons you can challenge an arbitration are pretty clear from the Section X rules and the Arbitration Act. And interpretation of a matter of law isn't one of them. A challenge of jurisdiction is.
They can’t challenge the jurisdiction after the hearing has taken place on matters the parties both agreed the Tribunal had jurisdiction to decide. In any event, there is no suggestion of any appeal because it would be totally futile

You could equally argue that conversion of debt into equity or creation of equity in the first place enables in effect free cash to be injected
If you track back you will find that Granda Media for indtnce purchased approx 10% of Arsenals shareholding which was newly created to enable a significant cash injection nothing wrong with the rules then but could the argument be that equity is for all intents and purposes no more than a cash injection?
The quid pro quo for equity funding is the transfer of ownership. It is just selling all or part of the club, so it is fine.

They can’t challenge the jurisdiction after the hearing has taken place on matters the parties both agreed the Tribunal had jurisdiction to decide. In any event, there is no suggestion of any appeal because it would be totally futile

You taught me well. :)

Interestingly didn’t City challenge the commence of an PL arbitration panel in the HC?

The more you read into this matter the more you realise that the panel despite its seniority and eminence didn’t actually fully close the case to a degree that’s manifested itself by the fact the two parties don’t even agree the current position of APT.
If you look yes they made comment about the need to include calculated interest in APT calculations linked to PSR but their authority included the option to actually just say APT rules are this or that but they didn’t their focus seems to have been purely dealing with challenges detailed and not the overarching question
I guess they simply addressed the dispute as set out in the submitted docs and no more. I know the panel have been asked to further clarify certain matters (eg legal status of the rule book) and that will happening right now in confidential discussions. As an aside, and as previously pointed out by PrestwichBlue, it’s highly unusual for an NED to lead a detailed analysis/assessment of a member club’s proposed sponsorship arrangement. I can only see huge (fatal) problems ahead for Masters and his merry band as this all starts to unravel.

The tribunal hasn't finalised the case. They have given time to the two parties to agree how they want to proceed before issuing to City, if the parties can't agree, whatever injunctive relief is appropriate, any damages required and the apportionment of costs.
I don’t think the numbskulls of the press realize that the panel is still sitting.

The Prem need razing to the ground , you can't trust the management team , you can't trust the rules and regulations, Pgmol need sorting out as well they are just the prems on field results fixers, along with the var operatives . I can only think that the prem and the red cartel, with spuds hanging out their collective arses, thought that it was so corrupt it was the norm, and nobody would ever challenge them because it would be to much trouble to do so, hmmmm they even got that wrong !!!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.