City launch legal action against the Premier League | City win APT case (pg901)

Yes precisely. It is self reporting in the sense that any company that enters into any RPT will self report , but as you say it’s not a concept that is specific to football.

And in almost every other field of human endeavour it appears to work.
The other argument that would have answered the self reporting point, is that the APT rules go far beyond fixing the self reporting issue.

So, if there were legitimate concerns about under reporting of RPTs due to self reporting (the PLs primary case), then the answer is for the transactions to be declared to the league and for the league to consider if they believed (with evidence and professional confirmation) the parties to be RPTs. On the PLs own line of argument, that would have been the proportionate scheme to fix the deficiency without going beyond what was necessary.

But they did go quite considerably beyond that potential fix to self reporting by coming up with a much wider test capturing far more entities, the APT definition and the whole "before the event" APT regime.

I don’t disagree with Stefan at all nor with Petruska. We have been discussing some of the minor aspects of the more minor points. A bit like debating Micah Richard’s non penalty in the context of the 6-1.

I can’t actually remember if I agree with HCU or not!
I think it is about emphasis - we all agree what was decided but aren't completely aligned on how significant it is. Likewise on those points where the PL prevailed. We could do a Q&A Spaces on Friday if I can summon the energy on the topic again.

I don’t disagree with Stefan at all nor with Petruska. We have been discussing some of the minor aspects of the more minor points. A bit like debating Micah Richard’s non penalty in the context of the 6-1.

I can’t actually remember if I agree with HCU or not!
Great news! The bluemoon bewigged division marches forward to confront the enemy

Aggressive_watermark-300x300.jpg

The other argument that would have answered the self reporting point, is that the APT rules go far beyond fixing the self reporting issue.

So, if there were legitimate concerns about under reporting of RPTs due to self reporting (the PLs primary case), then the answer is for the transactions to be declared to the league and for the league to consider if they believed (with evidence and professional confirmation) the parties to be RPTs. On the PLs own line of argument, that would have been the proportionate scheme to fix the deficiency without going beyond what was necessary.

But they did go quite considerably beyond that potential fix to self reporting by coming up with a much wider test capturing far more entities, the APT definition and the whole "before the event" APT regime.
It seems clear that what they mean by under reporting of RPT's is that none of City's sponsors have been declared as RPT's

It seems clear that what they mean by under reporting of RPT's is that none of City's sponsors have been declared as RPT's
That is what they mean. My point is the fix for that could easily have simply been giving the PL power to declare a party to be a related party even if the accounts did not. As I mentioned, this is precisely what UEFA did in 2014.

Instead, the PL went far further.

When the meeting finally takes place with Masters, the PL, and the 20 PL clubs, and when it’s City’s turn to talk, I hope City play this video first.

It is, and will always be most famous moment in PL history. And the moment it took the PL to another level around the world.(financially) Nothing any of the Red Shirt Cartel clubs have done, including United, will ever better that moment of PL history.

Fuck you, Masters!

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.