City launch legal action against the Premier League | City win APT case (pg901)

The way APT rules are unlawful due to shareholder loan exclusions, would the same apply to PSR and FFP and all those historic rules will be null and void ? We might not have challenged those rules in the APT case but this sets the precedent i guess and City can challenge the unlawful nature of PSR and FFP as well (unless they did include the shareholder loans provisions in PSR & FFP?).
I was under the impression that UEFA do apply a FMV to shareholder loans for their FFP calculations but don't shoot me if I'm wrong

I wonder what they will say…….I hope their legal advice is to drop the rule.
It's a bit more complex than that. To make APT lawful they'll have to include director loans & apply the amended rules retrospectively. Obviously, this has several serious implications.

If they throw the whole lot out, it has serious implications for clubs affected by the unlawful APT rule.

From what I can see, the PL are fucked if they do, & fucked if they don't. They've only got themselves to blame...

It's a bit more complex than that. To make APT lawful they'll have to include director loans & apply the amended rules retrospectively. Obviously, this has several serious implications.

If they throw the whole lot out, it has serious implications for clubs affected by the unlawful rule.

From what I can see, the PL are fucked if they do, or fucked if they don't. They've only got themselves to blame...
Yes, even if they drop the rule, there will still be actions for damages.

If they throw the whole lot out, it has serious implications for clubs affected by the unlawful APT rule.

From what I can see, the PL are fucked if they do, & fucked if they don't. They've only got themselves to blame...
All in a futile attempt to stymie City, Newcastle and any others who dare to challenge an ill thought out and contrived status quo.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.